Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm flipping between Grigor-Novak match & Doubles SF happening now with Sock/Vasek vs Paes/Steps. 1st set TB at 3-3 with Sock serving ... Steps gets a sitter just in front of him ... but starts yelling YEHHHHHH before the he's even close to hitting the ball .. smashes at Vasek about 10 feet away. Sock & Pops rightly complain of interference (not that they were going to win the point ... but you can't start yelling like that before even hitting the ball). Judge ignores them. During the heated conversation Sock says:

"We know he [Stepanek] is crazy but ..."

LOL ... I may actually start liking this Sock guy after all.

Anyways, it was a huge point (losing the min-break) but it fired Sock & Vasek up ... they started yelling on every point won & took the TB. Well deserved Steps, well deserved.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
It's not a hindrance if it's Stepanek that's shouting before the ball he's about to hit.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Stepanek is trying to get in their heads. Considering who his opponents are, that's probably not a bad idea. Hasn't worked yet, though. Vasek is playing fantastic in the match so far.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
I've never seen Paes play so bad.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
So a year ago Sock ditched his partner to go home without even telling him and now this year he has a chance to make the final? Old karma taking a nap here...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Seriously. I've seen him carry Stepanek 3 or 4 times, but today Stepanek is the best player on the court and still cannot save them.
Paes was playing quite badly already in their previous match. He also looks seriously chubby these days. Obviously doubles doesn´t require the same fitness level as singles, but that belly is still too much for an athlete, must be hurting his movement.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I am glad Vasek and Jack won Stefanek was trying to intimidate the young guys! This was a huge upset win for Vasek and Jack! Good news is since Jack and Vasek are in the doubles final they will be on television!

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
So a year ago Sock ditched his partner to go home without even telling him and now this year he has a chance to make the final? Old karma taking a nap here...
Sock takes his chance this year calling Vashy to be his doubles partner. Vashy may pull out anytime if his back acts up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts