Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by Roddick's play in this Australian Open it looks like Conners is being paid to laugh like a creepy pedophile in the stands. What is he doing...telling Roddick to hit more aces? Andy's slice backhand still looks as unnatural and defensive as it was from day one, his volleys are still terrible and his ground game is getting worse and worse.

Hes playing from 1 metre behind the Melbourne logo and has zero intention to attack. His forehand has become a moonball shot and his backhand is as mediocre as it has ever been. This guy is making Kohli look like Federer from the baseline and even Courier is labelling him as a defensive player now.

I would like to be Conners, getting paid an arm and a leg to do sweet fuck all.

Reactions: Rogiman

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
amen. i am absolutely stunned about the lack of pace in roddick's game. this is by far the worst i've seen him play (except serving, of course). i really thought he'd change his tactical approach after the berrer match, but obviously he's not even able to. the only thing that's changed in set 2 is a slight letdown by kohlschreiber and some grinding by roddick in game 5 of the set. such a boring display of andy.

well, he took the set now anyways. but boy what would the scoreline be like if it wasn't for his serve (80% first serves in btw!).

·
Registered
477 Posts
Conners is being paid to laugh like a creepy pedophile in the stands.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

was thinking the same thing (he looks like an old drunk)

·
Registered
27,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You idiot Roddick.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I give credit to Connors credit for getting roddick back into the top ten, but not much else, though i think roddick's backhand has improved. However, the change in his forehand (what is this crap) and mentality are depressing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts