Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
lol. I hope Andre wins it...then again, and again...

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
^ lol

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! TBE you're hilarious tonite. what did you have for dinner?

i hope The Moron shows up instead this year. i suspect that Andre could give a shit about him. heck, he might even play better just for spite!!! go Andre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But really, all jokes aside.

Before the draw came out and everybody was talking contendors, I was thinking "what about Andre" - because everybody was talking Marat, Hewitt, and Moya.

Now that the draw came out - well I must say, it's rather top heavy.

There are players who could bug Andre and all... but you have to like the looks of things for him....

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
LOL @ Eggy
I hope it'll be Brian Vahaly, but I doubt he really has a chance. Is Paradorn actually in his side of the draw? He might kick his ass

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ilhame - If the seeds hold Paradorn would have first have to go through Moya in the 4th, than Ferrero in the quarters in order for a shot at Andre in the semis.

This is all assuming that the seeds hold, which I doubt they will.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I don't know Andre's half of the draw well, cause I'm more interested in Marat, but I don't care who beats Agassi actually. As long as I don't have to see his face too often in the tournament, it's ok.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Hyung-Taik?? ;)

If Agassi shows up and gives himself a chance, he might get confidence and unbeatable. I think if someone is to beat him, has to be early in the tournament.
Once he gets to week two, things should get really hard for the others.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel your pain.

But I've looked at his draw, and well...

He might get Kafelnikov in the fourth round - and about two years ago this might have been a wicked match. Today, with a recouperating Kafelnikov, I'm not so sure.

If the seeds hold, he would get Costa in the quarter final. More likely IMO, would be Grosjean in the quarters. Now THAT might be a sweet match.

But all and all, he got it good.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
As much as I would like him to lose early on, there is no one in his quarter that can hurt him, unless Yevgeny is in full health or Sebastien is in form.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
What's the story actually on YK, I thought he said he was gonna skip AO and return for the European indoor season.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Dissident said:
Hyung-Taik?? ;)

If Agassi shows up and gives himself a chance, he might get confidence and unbeatable. I think if someone is to beat him, has to be early in the tournament.
Once he gets to week two, things should get really hard for the others.
With the way he is playing, Lee can definitely take AA out. Especially they may meet in 2nd round.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
who will take out Andre? nobody in his quarter.. except maybe Nicholas Escude if he plays really well like last year in the AO. my vote is Carlos Moya in the semis.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well in his quarter, I would think that Grosjean will give him more of a match than Escude - but Escude has been to the semis before as well, so who knows? Either could be good - I hadn't considered Escude... isn't he a bit injured though?

I tend to think that if Andre gets to the semis, that he will win against either Ferrero, Moya, Pardorn, or whatever surprise sneaks through.

I wouldn't mind being wrong - but once he gets that far, I think he'll just roll. Perhaps if Hewitt makes the final he could beat him, but I dunno.

*wouldn't mind being wrong*

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Rebecca said:
Well in his quarter, I would think that Grosjean will give him more of a match than Escude - but Escude has been to the semis before as well, so who knows? Either could be good - I hadn't considered Escude... isn't he a bit injured though?

I tend to think that if Andre gets to the semis, that he will win against either Ferrero, Moya, Pardorn, or whatever surprise sneaks through.

I wouldn't mind being wrong - but once he gets that far, I think he'll just roll. Perhaps if Hewitt makes the final he could beat him, but I dunno.

*wouldn't mind being wrong*
well i don't think Grosjean will be much of a challenge. Andre just crushed him in Kooyong 6-2, 6-3, losing something like only 5 points in the last 4 games. maybe Escude is injured, i don't know. but he started playing well again at the end of last year and i thought with his talent he could maybe cause a few upsets in Melbourne. i guess we'll see...

btw, i hope you're wrong too ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kooyong is also an exhibition. Enormous difference between a slam and an exo.

Furthermore, we're talking 3 sets vs 5 sets.

That said, I don't think Grosjean will beat him either - but I do believe that he can pose a threat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts