Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He had a really good draw ahead with Coria as his potential QF opponent...Who do you think will make it. I'd be happy if Ginepri made it but he probably won't.. Maybe this is Gasquet's chance for a breakthrough..

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I hope Gasquet will pull through, but Muller is a hot prospect...can he keep up the play?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think it will be coria-gasquet in the quarters, and then gasquet could pull through.

i wouldn't count on ljubo since he slowed down.
puerta, no way
haas, low probability
ginepri, there might be a chance
lopez, against coria in rd 3, i think coria will beat him..

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
CORIA!!! he's gonna roll right into the final and shut a lot of people up.

then he, and a bunch of us in the minority on these boards, will do something like this: :banana:

(if svetlana can WIN last year and roddick can lose first round THIS year, believe me, stranger things than coria in the final have happened.)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also think Gasquet or Muller can make it. If Gasquet's injury isn't too serious he can make it and if Muller gets past Ginepri in the next round, I think his win over Roddick would be worth his US Open lol.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I feel its going to be whoever between Ginepri and Muller wins

ps. Mac announced that Ginepri and Muller are playing doubles together!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'm not sure, it's wide open and I'd be more than glad if Gasquet, Coria or Muller do it, but there's Ljubicic (even though he has never performed well at slams) and Lopez, who can cause some surprise.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
allez Gasquet :angel::bounce:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
WIDe open now....maybe Muller can do it or Gasquet.
It's too bad that Gasquet and Muller are in the same section. The upper part of that quarter is weak.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
I don't want to sound like a broken record ( :lol: ), but Gasquet is injured so don't count on him to make it.

I'll make a surprise pick: Coria.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
silverwhite said:
I don't want to sound like a broken record ( :lol: ), but Gasquet is injured so don't count on him to make it.

I'll make a surprise pick: Coria.
i highly dobut Gasquet can beat Ljubicic...

if they both make it to 3rd..which they should.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Gasquet seems to be the main favorite, but his stamina/fitness issue is still his biggest rival, not to mention choking abilities and unfortunately an injury bothering him - so I think it's hard to predict him in the semis.

He went to Wimbledon with a confidence boost over the conquest of his first title and had his draw supposedly opened up with Muller's upset over Nadal, but could not build up over his win and get to the SFs. He lost early in both hard AMS leading up to the Open and had a tiring 5-setter in his first round against an average claycourter.

I don't wanna sound pessimistic over all of this since he's my favorite on this part of the draw, but things are not looking up for him. I hope he surprises me and get to the SF (or even final!), however.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts