Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
They appear to have blocked press-conference transcripts entirely.

Roland Garros ‏@rolandgarros
@cheeers1 Press conference transcripts are not available to the public. (source)

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
I can't believe they think this is a good idea long term.

Keep your fans happy.
Well, the point is that it's meant for news outlets who pay to have the first access to it.

It was fun while it lasted, really enjoyed reading it.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*calling all hackers*

·
Registered
596 Posts
First tennis sells itself out to a smaller American audience for the big ESPN bucks, now they are blocking gifs, YouTube HLs ,and keeping their press conferences behind closed doors.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna turn the Pope against this a****

·
Registered
16,739 Posts
Nadal wins this Roland Garros, and then goes on to take Federer's slam record, tennis will be saved.
Imagine the hype when they are 17-all!
You are obviously too high, but don't worry, sobering down will come soon.
Posting your monomaniac drivel on all topics, irrelevantly from the actual topic.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Nadal wins this Roland Garros, and then goes on to take Federer's slam record, tennis will be saved.
Imagine the hype when they are 17-all!
I don't understand the relevance of this comment...:confused:

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts
It is really just a joke, all 3 other slams publish transcripts as well as video interviews every single day every single year

RG is the FIFA of the slams

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
It is really just a joke, all 3 other slams publish transcripts as well as video interviews every single day every single year

RG is the FIFA of the slams
I wouldn't mind if they delayed the release of the transcripts for 24 hours, but to embargo them ENTIRELY? How are we supposed to check that journalists haven't massaged quotes or taken them out of context? (As they so often do.) Or check translations? It's bullshit.

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
I wouldn't mind if they delayed the release of the transcripts for 24 hours, but to embargo them ENTIRELY? How are we supposed to check that journalists haven't massaged quotes or taken them out of context? (As they so often do.) Or check translations? It's bullshit.
Exactly, now we have to trust TF posters like Carole Bouchard.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
That was my first thought too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts