Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are often things in the world that I wonder about and no one seems to know the answer, so I thought I would start a thread for all those questions we may have that no one else seems to be able to help you with and see if anyone here can solve them for you.
Here are the 3 that have been bugging me for ages.

1) Has a player ever double faulted a whole game?

2) When a player goes for a 'bathroom break' (come on we all know they are going for a wee, just say it!), does the offical who goes with them have to stay there and watch them do it to make sure they don't do anything naughty?

3) Has an umpire ever got really mad with a player and had a go at them?

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Here are the 3 that have been bugging me for ages.

1) Has a player ever double faulted a whole game?

If ever a player has it would have been Guille Coria or his female counterpart Elena Dementieva. ;)

2) When a player goes for a 'bathroom break' (come on we all know they are going for a wee, just say it!), does the offical who goes with them have to stay there and watch them do it to make sure they don't do anything naughty?
Like what?? :eek: Don't answer that!

3) Has an umpire ever got really mad with a player and had a go at them?
I don't know about the ump but Ancic and Capdeville came to fisticuffs last year at RG... :p

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rog, these things just play on my mind. Sad I know lol lol lol
In number 2) I meant things like, take drugs or something not doing rude things with someone of the oppersite sex or in some cases the same sex!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will make it my mission at Wimbledon next year to find these answers!!!!!

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
I would say no. Remember when Pandy left the court during his SF vs. Potato at AO 2005, and he didn't come back after like 10 minutes so the tournament referee had to go into the locker room to coax him out? ;)

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first one?

·
Registered
916 Posts
2) When a player goes for a 'bathroom break' (come on we all know they are going for a wee, just say it!), does the offical who goes with them have to stay there and watch them do it to make sure they don't do anything naughty

I am line umpire and you need to go with them to the toilett but you have to wait at the door, you don´t need to stay next to him when he is on the toilett and don´t watch him. Just go there wait on the door and then go back with him...

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you for that :)
all these little questions in my life are being answered. I will have to get thinking of some more now lol lol lol

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok this is a non tennis question, but it is really bugging me and freya.
in europe we are in the second part of summer and now the evenings are getting shorter so we are moving away from the sun, so why does it always get warmer then? surely it should get colder??????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts