Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he's had those unfortunate lingering knee problems for years. What with his reality show and everything, does she plan to step away from the tennis world for good?

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
he's not retired. When they introduce the show they commented on "HE IS ON THE PEAK OF HIS CAREER". Cracked me up big time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
He's been retired for the last 3 years.
To tennis fans, Mark may always be remembered as the guy whom Fed beat in Wimbledon 2003. It was in that the tournament where Fed "took off" for his successful run in the GS tournaments that followed, 2003-2007.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To tennis fans, Mark may always be remembered as the guy whom Fed beat in Wimbledon 2003. It was in that the tournament where Fed "took off" for his successful run in the GS tournaments that followed, 2003-2007.
Yea, I'm sure that's how a lot of people will remember him. Roger's victim in his first Wimbledon victory. I remember that tournament, surprisingly because I didn't follow tennis back then. Kinda a oh-look-tennis-is-on-tv-let's-watch sort of thing. My family has always been big into it and I can always remember hearing the name Philippousis on TV, along with Agassi and Sampras who were the only other players I took notice of. I was excited to see his run to the finals that year. I remember likewise I was rooting for Federer (the first and only time) because he seemed so fresh and new. I had been really hoping Agassi would win it but I think Federer beat him, did he not?

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
He should've retired some two years ago - and not made himself the fool that he seems to make of himself right now. :angel:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
He should've retired some two years ago - and not made himself the fool that he seems to make of himself right now. :angel:
Didn't he have a couple of good results around this time last year?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
won newport, which isnt say much to be honest.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
whos the guy with the money and whos the guy on a tennis forum?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yea, I'm sure that's how a lot of people will remember him. Roger's victim in his first Wimbledon victory. I remember that tournament, surprisingly because I didn't follow tennis back then. Kinda a oh-look-tennis-is-on-tv-let's-watch sort of thing. My family has always been big into it and I can always remember hearing the name Philippousis on TV, along with Agassi and Sampras who were the only other players I took notice of. I was excited to see his run to the finals that year. I remember likewise I was rooting for Federer (the first and only time) because he seemed so fresh and new. I had been really hoping Agassi would win it but I think Federer beat him, did he not?
No. it was Philippousis (unseeded at the time) who had taken out Agassi (ranked No. 1)in the fourth round. But when Mark's turn to face Federer (ranked No. 4) came, the Scud simply folded up. The match however started off like it might be a classic and the first set went with serve until Mark (the unseeded "Greek" Aussie) blew it in the tie-break. From that point, Mark was firing blanks and Fed ran away with the title in 3 straight sets.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts

Speak for yourself..
You obviously haven`t been following tennis very long:confused:
When FED was still playing juniors Philippoussis was making the finals at the US Open;)

>>Mark`s won titles on all surfaces [grass, hardcourt, carpet, clay]:cool:
Scud`s also helped AUS to winning the Davis Cup twice [1999 final Mark was clearly the hero on clay in France:angel: ] & [2003 Scud defeated Ferrero in a classic 5-setter to clinch the win over Spain despite an injured pec:worship: ]***

·
Registered
373 Posts
Speak for yourself..
You obviously haven`t been following tennis very long:confused:
When FED was still playing juniors Philippoussis was making the finals at the US Open;)

>>Mark`s won titles on all surfaces [grass, hardcourt, carpet, clay]:cool:
Scud`s also helped AUS to winning the Davis Cup twice [1999 final Mark was clearly the hero on clay in France:angel: ] & [2003 Scud defeated Ferrero in a classic 5-setter to clinch the win over Spain despite an injured pec:worship: ]***
Be cool, man. It is only tennis.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Be cool, man. It is only tennis.

:wavey:

I`m cool man:cool:

Just pointing out that Mark`s had a pretty decent career [though I believe he should have won atleast one Slam] & he`ll be remembered by Aussies more for his Davis Cup heroics:worship: ~~ than losing the 03 Wimby final to FED;)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Didn't he have a couple of good results around this time last year?
Not much, as far as I can remember. He got his ass kicked by Rafa in the first round of the US Open and it was obvious he had nothing to do there anymore...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts