Mens Tennis Forums banner

so, i mario ancic the biggest chocker of 2005?

1K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Carlita 
#1 ·
i mean, your in the finals, playing great tennis, up 6-1 3*-2 against a guy who couldn't break if his life depended on it. what do you do? you get broken. you go on to waste a million break points and a match point in the second set. in the third set, you keep getting to break point, but can never convert. then, at 4-4, your serve conveniently fails on you and you lose the match :eek: :retard:

#2 ·
Moodie has made a habit of this all week, and I just read the quotes on the ATP site - Ancic said he played brilliantly to get the break back and save the matchpoints, one with an amazingly angled forehand pass. It was always going to be tight with the way that both of them play, I'm just surprised that Moodie made such a poor start on his serve. There's no doubt, however, that Ancic is starting to compete with Nalbandian for the title of Pioline of this generation.

#3 ·
One thing I have noticed with Ancic, with his 2 final losses this season, they were against guys with big serves and not much else and he was such a huge fave against Arthurs and Moodie respectively, who also won their only titles.

#5 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
One thing I have noticed with Ancic, with his 2 final losses this season, they were against guys with big serves and not much else and he was such a huge fave against Arthurs and Moodie respectively, who also won their only titles.
Maybe Mario just cannot cope with the pressure in the finals being the favourite?
Vs Arthurs he didn't have muh of a chance with Wayno's serve on but today he just...... he had the match already, set & break up and simply gave it away.

#11 ·
croat123 said:
i mean, your in the finals, playing great tennis, up 6-1 3*-2 against a guy who couldn't break if his life depended on it. what do you do? you get broken. you go on to waste a million break points and a match point in the second set. in the third set, you keep getting to break point, but can never convert. then, at 4-4, your serve conveniently fails on you and you lose the match :eek: :retard:
:haha: :haha: Well worded!

I must admit that I was half-asleep when I switched on the computer this morning...and reading about Ancic jolted me into reality...a nasty surprise....silly man! :lol:

He shouldn't have lost...a set and a break up with a serve as "good" as his...and Moodie not being the greatest returner of all time...he kinda sucks!

#16 ·
MariaV said:
I so hope he won't fail at the DC final or we might have a competitor for a truly awesome 'choker' PHM with his DC final nightmare. OK, that's all I'm gonna say. :tape:
Poor paulo he always gets brought up in threads like this. will he ever live it down. :sad:

#19 ·
MariaV said:
I so hope he won't fail at the DC final or we might have a competitor for a truly awesome 'choker' PHM with his DC final nightmare. OK, that's all I'm gonna say. :tape:
Hope Mario won't be the next poor Paulo. :sobbing:

#21 ·
RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR said:
Hope Mario won't be the next poor Paulo. :sobbing:
oh good lord i don't think i could handle another one, the original is bad enough :scared:

Reactions: MariaV
#23 ·
PaulieM said:
oh good lord i don't think i could handle another one, the original is bad enough :scared:
I prefer Mario not to play the 5th rubber if he loses the 1st one.I even can't imagine what Croatians reaction to his loss are. :scared: You see Paulo,he lacks confidence in himself for a long time since after 02 DC final. :sad: Ahhhhh god I quite like these choking players. :crying2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.