Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. OMG YAY AMELIE!!!! PLEASE WIN!!! :bounce:
2. Congrats Marcos!! :hug:

so of course with marcos' great run these past 2 weeks there are the inevitable moans and groans about bandwagoners, but my question is what's the point? does it really make you feel better to say well i've been a fan for 3 months longer than you or whatever. it leads me to ask, do people actually think these things through sometimes? everybody on this board loves tennis. clearly, or else we wouldn't spend countless hours posting here. so what i don't get is the "snobs" who think they are better fans because they've known about a lot of players since they were toiling away on the challenger circuit. here's a crazy thought, perhaps not everyone has the time or money to travel around to lots of tournaments, and spend time watching qualies or challengers as well, and some people(like myself) live in the middle of bumbfuck nowhere, with the nearest tournament 5+ hours drive away, the life i dream of where i spend my days travelling from one tournament to the next just isn't feasible(esp. not on a broke student's budget). sadly some people actually have to rely on espn's lousy excuse for tennis coverage for their exposure to new up and coming players. which frankly is very limited to put it politely. and no matter how much you follow up on stories in the game, you can't really feel one way or another about a guy until you watch him play, which might not be until they play someone big enough in a slam to get them on your tv screen(i only get to go to one tournament a year and that's even wta, not to mention it's not coming back next year, but that's another story). so instead of all this nonsense about people jumping on bandwagons and players not needing fans like that(although i'm pretty sure most would apppreciate any fans they can get), why not just appreciate the fact that others out there saw something they liked in a player, much like you did once upon a time, and perhaps you might even discuss it and enjoy it,even learn from it and maybe more. :shrug: but that's just the way i see it. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I completely agree with you Paulie. (but I want Justine to win :p )

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
:hug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts