Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
:wavey: :worship:

Registered
The Rotterdam's crowd has finally woke up after two days of boredom.
Sluiter :wavey: You weren't good enough to create for you the statistical thread ;) But still a nice career and pretty farewell. Sluiter deserved it. He has been playing always the best tennis in the Netherlands. I think his 5-set epic win over Ferrero in Davis Cup 2001 is the highlight of his career.

Llodra saved in a great style that 3rd setpoint. He's on the good way to finally break the problem with tie-breaks.
Llodra & Mahut :rocker2:

Anastasia Komananov, KGB
They gave him a very nice send-off there. Perhaps a bit long but at least they did him proud.

Good effort from him in that match too - it looked for a few moments like he might find a final set but it wasn't to be.

Anastasia Komananov, KGB
lol - the place was nearly heaving. Davydenko walks out to an almost totally empty stadium :)

Registered
lol - the place was nearly heaving. Davydenko walks out to an almost totally empty stadium :)
Not surprising. Davydenko and Hernych are boring as a hell :devil:

Anathemaniac
Well I wasn't able to watch Raemon's final match, as I in fact attended a concert of this WONDERFUL band tonight.

All I can comment about over here is that he is indeed a truly lovely guy, who unfortunately (?) LACKED the "Killer Instinct" to make him a better player than he indeed managed to be during his career.

He's a very sensitive guy. Glad he made this decision. Glad to see he's got some kind of a reward for his achievements too, as he managed to catch the lovely Fatima Moriera de Melo as his girlfriend... :smooch:

Best of luck with the rest of your life, Raemon! :worship:

Banned
Karin, he'll have more time to watch Snooker :yeah: and that Hockey burd of his ;)

Anathemaniac
Karin, he'll have more time to watch Snooker :yeah: and that Hockey burd of his ;)
:lol: oh yes, I'm sure Raemon will be a happy guy for the rest of his life! :D

EDIT: there was a lovely interview with Raemon today in our national press, where he expressed all of his feelings of not being as 'tough' as needed in the tennis circuit. Also a lot about his genuine disapproval of our local gossip press following him and Fatima around all over the place. I can well understand that!

EDIT #2 - apart from Fatima being a Dutch national team hockey player, she's also a singer and a model. And just before I forget, she also graduated from Law School. Not that that is telling much, as I managed to do the same thing in about half the time she needed to get there. :tape: :lol:

MONSOON season.
Raemon :hug:

Happy retirement. It was great to have seen you play :worship:

Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Good that the local crowd gave him a good send off.

Now Raemon enjoy the company of your girlfriend and watching Feyenoord play, well as long as they beat PSV anyway.

Registered
Well I wasn't able to watch Raemon's final match, as I in fact attended a concert of this WONDERFUL band tonight.

All I can comment about over here is that he is indeed a truly lovely guy, who unfortunately (?) LACKED the "Killer Instinct" to make him a better player than he indeed managed to be during his career.

He's a very sensitive guy. Glad he made this decision. Glad to see he's got some kind of a reward for his achievements too, as he managed to catch the lovely Fatima Moriera de Melo as his girlfriend... :smooch:

Best of luck with the rest of your life, Raemon! :worship:
Fatima Moreira de Melo is a typical Portuguese name! :eek:

EDIT: I went to wikipedia and found the reason:

"Her father is a Portuguese diplomat for Holland."

:p

Registered
It's a shame that Raemon couldn't win a match in his final tournament this week, but anyway good luck to him with his post-tennis life. He's a great guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts