Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If total number of GS won is so much more important than total number of titles won then why reverse the situation with H2H? Is it because 1 player ends up curb stomping the competition?

I mean seriously. If we don't value particular tournaments in GOAT debate then who even cares how the H2H plays out in such tournaments?

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Don't know about "way", but there's some point here. Without a doubt the players target GS's, hoping to peak in them both mentally and physically. Would Djokovic e.g. have lost to RBA in AO (had their paths crossed), despite losing to him in Doha... Would think he would've dug deeper. So the bigger the stage/stakes, the more significant the win, to some extent. That said, titles (i.e. beating rest of the field/draw as well) matter way more than a H2H. A H2H is nothing much in the end if you didn't clinch a title, as in tennis the objective is not to beat one specific opponent, but to clear the entire path for the title.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know about "way", but there's some point here. Without a doubt the players target GS's, hoping to peak in them both mentally and physically. Would Djokovic e.g. have lost to RBA in AO (had their paths crossed), despite losing to him in Doha... Would think he would've dug deeper. So the bigger the stage/stakes, the more significant the win, to some extent. That said, titles (i.e. beating rest of the field/draw as well) matter way more than a H2H. A H2H is nothing much in the end if you didn't clinch a title, as in tennis the objective is not to beat one specific opponent, but to clear the entire path for the title.
So then what about final H2H between players?

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
External factors are dominating Fedalovic H2H's lately, shame.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Dull's collapse at this particular AO was very much internal. So were the last 7 or so losses. Nice try, though.

:bigwave:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The fact that these ruin-posts are emerging after the AO final tells a lot about them. I am not a kind of a guy that would enjoy someone's misery, but you keyboard warriors trying to invalidate someone's success based on facts that you pick the way they suit you, really do piss me off and tell me tennis really doesn't mean a lot to you, but it's merely about an ego boost you get from your player winning. Enjoy the fucking sport willya? Would've, should've threads....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts