Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Generic baseliner. A slow version of Djokovic, but without the (outward, anyway) cockiness.

Kyrgios and Shapovalov are the only interesting players under 30, and Kyrgios is a lost cause. Shapovalov is starting to look like he just doesn't have the big weapons to win slams.

Reactions: YellowDirt

·
Registered
560 Posts
Like Berdich 2.0 + goffin's attitude
Yep and if we are being kind, I can see a lot of Djokovic in him, but his strength is definitely Berdych style play. These sorts of players have always bothered Rafa. But unfortunately, as soon as Sinner got the break, he played very passively and he sealed his own fate with negative, tentative play. But I liked what I saw until he decided to play passively. I've given up on this match. We know how the story goes now folks

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Yep and if we are being kind, I can see a lot of Djokovic in him, but his strength is definitely Berdych style play. These sorts of players have always bothered Rafa. But unfortunately, as soon as Sinner got the break, he played very passively and he sealed his own fate with negative, tentative play. But I liked what I saw until he decided to play passively. I've given up on this match. We know how the story goes now folks
Djokovic? Hmm - he is different. May be you mean his believe in himself - then yes!

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Sinner is Berdych with greater self-belief.
I definitely see a lot of Berdych in Sinner. Even if he never develops beyond his current game/physique (unlikely) he could still have a better career than the Czech thanks to the inevitable decline and retirement of the Big 3.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
952 Posts
I mean rafa basically just keeps moon balling ad nauseam to his backhand..like he's done his entire career.
Nadal has just played the same tedious match over and over and over again for 20 years. Surely people have noticed this? That's why he has basically no non-Spanish supporters. He should be a total legend in Paris, and yet the Roland Garros crowd can't even bring themselves to support him because his style of play is so ****ing boring.

But, you know, credit to him, he's ground out the French Open titles, in my view he's the mentally toughest competitor in any sport ever.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nah.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Haha

When Berdych was 19 he beat Federer in his supposed prime on hard court.
Kinda like Nishikori beat supposed peak Djokovic on HC, only we know Djokovic wasn't all that at all and we know why. Or kinda like Darcis beat supposed prime Nadal at WB in straight sets but we know Nadal wasn't good out there and we know why. None of this is actually relevant other than +1 to loss stat.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts