Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Poor Juan Carlos, Novak or Myrni indoors second round...... very very hard....

I think next week Roddick will become the number one player, anyway, I have faith in Wayne Ferreira, if there is someone in this world who knows how to return big serves, that is Wayne Ferreira.
And if you have any doubts , ask Sampras, Philippoussis or Ivanisevic.

:p

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Re: Re: Singles draw

TennisLurker said:
I think next week Roddick will become the number one player
Any particular reason why you think that?

Ferrero's a good deal ahead and Andy has QF points to defend and Ferrero has nothing. So even if Andy goes pretty deep into the tourney and Ferrero loses early, he wouldn't lose any ground on the Paris front. It seems like Ferrero would have to lose in his first match and Andy at least get to the semis for that to be likely.

Or am I missing something yet again? :confused:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's very close right now. The important thing to remember is that Masters' Cup points from last year come off at the same time as TMS Paris. So even though Ferrero is a long way ahead right now, he loses his 400 points from TMC 2002.

Entry points (as of Mon 27th):
1. Ferrero 4535
2. Roddick 4235
3. Federer 3925

Now, if we take off last year's TMC and TMS Paris points, we get:
1. Ferrero 4130
2. Roddick 4110
3. Federer 3500 (so pretty much out of it)

Basically, this means that whoever gets the furthest at Paris, JC or Andy, will be number one going into TMC.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Oh wow, I didn't realize it'd be that close... makes Paris all that much more interesting. Thanks for explaining that!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You're very welcome, bunk. I hadn't realised it was quite that tight until I did the calcs, either.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts