Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's a pretty awful scoreline for the junior #1 against probably the easiest player in the draw.

·
Registered
22,243 Posts
Mochizuki is a short guy and still has powderpuff junior strokes, one of those guys of which there is no telling if he will be able to successfully adapt to the mens tour. Could end up like Nishioka if it works out well or Moriya if it doesn't

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Kozlov 2.0?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Easiest player in the draw? Celikbilek might not be Popyrin or Nishioka, but there are definitely weaker players than him in the draw.

As far as Mochizuki, unfortunately he might have to find a 9-5 job in a few years.

·
Registered
59,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easiest player in the draw? Celikbilek might not be Popyrin or Nishioka, but there are definitely weaker players than him in the draw.
Who? Bhambri might be awful, we'll see, but he was top 100 before the injury. I'd rather have Celikbilek than Smith, Gulbis, or Andreev. Ramanthan, Ebden, and Kwiatkowski are closer calls, but I don't think any of them are clearly worse.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Who? Bhambri might be awful, we'll see, but he was top 100 before the injury. I'd rather have Celikbilek than Smith, Gulbis, or Andreev. Ramanthan, Ebden, and Kwiatkowski are closer calls, but I don't think any of them are clearly worse.
Bhambri will get smoked by Celikbilek rn. Marcora too. JP Smith aint better either. Ramanthan & Kwiatkowski I'd say are about the same level, so the Turk is clearly not the easiest one in the draw

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
If that is the best junior in town then Novak and Rafa may sleep walk their way to next 10 slams each until they are way past 40.
.... light, light trolling ish stuff here 😁

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
108 Posts
He is number 1 juniors because of COVID which froze play for the juniors for much of the year. Australian Open said that it is planned for Juniors to play the tournament later this year.

·
Registered
59,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He is number 1 juniors because of COVID which froze play for the juniors for much of the year. Australian Open said that it is planned for Juniors to play the tournament later this year.
That kinda makes it worse lol. He won junior Wimbledon 2 years ago, and he is currently getting bageled by the world # >300.

·
Registered
59,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bublik beat the Turk 6-2 6-2, his easiest win in the past year .

Does not make this scoreline look any better, lol. I think there are growing ominous signs of another "Lost" generation post-Sinner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts