ROSOL, Lukas CZE 196
LACKO, Lukas SVK 200
STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR 201
HALYS, Quentin FRA 206
KWIATKOWSKI, Thai-Son USA 213

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's nice to see some changes and have tournaments in new places, like Astana, Cagliari and Koln last year. Shame the stadiums are (almost) empty

I wish ATP would give more single-year licenses, even after covid.
We used to have tournaments in Seoul, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Johannesburg, Istanbul, Brussels, Copenhagen, Athens, Bogota in the past, not any more.
And there are so many other big cities out there that never hosted a tournament

We could also have some rotation like Toronto/Montreal are doing right now.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
have to wonder if we should be expecting an Entry List similar to Pune last year.
I hope not. I think this has a good chance of a decent entry list as Singapore is quite convenient for players coming from Australia, and a good stopping point on the way to the next tournaments. Going straight from Australia to Europe can be brutal.

It's nice to see some changes and have tournaments in new places, like Astana, Cagliari and Koln last year. Shame the stadiums are (almost) empty

I wish ATP would give more single-year licenses, even after covid.
We used to have tournaments in Seoul, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Johannesburg, Istanbul, Brussels, Copenhagen, Athens, Bogota in the past, not any more.
And there are so many other big cities out there that never hosted a tournament

We could also have some rotation like Toronto/Montreal are doing right now.
100%. great idea. I feel that as someone living in Seoul. All the ATP tournaments in Asia in the last few years have been in China, except one in Tokyo. This seems ridiculous to me. Glad to see this tournament in Singapore. Certainly one-year licenses can spread it out more to more countries, and why wouldn't the ATP want to promote the game like that? You would think Athens would be a good choice too because of Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope not. I think this has a good chance of a decent entry list as Singapore is quite convenient for players coming from Australia, and a good stopping point on the way to the next tournaments. Going straight from Australia to Europe can be brutal.
dont forget that many players are going to be travelling from Australia to Europe and only being there for a couple of weeks and then heading to play in Doha/Dubai. Thats a tonne of travel in such a short period of time!

So maybe some players decide to play in Singapore and then go to Doha/Dubai instead.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
dont forget that many players are going to be travelling from Australia to Europe and only being there for a couple of weeks and then heading to play in Doha/Dubai. Thats a tonne of travel in such a short period of time!

So maybe some players decide to play in Singapore and then go to Doha/Dubai instead.
That's what I mean. If it was me, heading to Singapore then the middle-east would seem to be the most logical choice. The other hard court tournament is in France so going straight there is tough.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

100%. great idea. I feel that as someone living in Seoul. All the ATP tournaments in Asia in the last few years have been in China, except one in Tokyo. This seems ridiculous to me. Glad to see this tournament in Singapore. Certainly one-year licenses can spread it out more to more countries, and why wouldn't the ATP want to promote the game like that? You would think Athens would be a good choice too because of Tsitsipas.
we need that Seoul tourney.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Yeah Singapore, obviously wasn't just chosen because they were willing to host and had the facilities, but also because, as mentioned above, it's right after the Australian, where like 80% of players are going to be returning to Europe or the middle east so it's a perfect tournament "on the way back home" so to speak.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Pune was also the week after AO last year, perfectly scheduled for players going back to Europe, and in the end number 2 seed was Berankis, ranked #70 or something :)

Joke aside, I have no doubt we'll have a good EL in Singapore this year. Players had 6 months off last year, and are having again 2 weeks off right now. They are hungry for matches as much as we are !

(And hopefully Pune can secure a better slot next year)

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
its a good thing for Darts Rankings lol.

I feel terrible for the tournament organizers. It might as well be a challenger event :(
:ROFLMAO: The way I look at it, is the tournament didn't even exist two months ago, and it gives an opportunity for guys that normally wouldn't have a chance at this amount of points. ?

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
Auger to hope to win the tournament with a low low entry list? Ah ah ah

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.