Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows, maybe there is hope for Murray after all. :superlol:

Unlucky Murray to bask in GB promotion

Andy Murray is hugely unfortunate to be playing in the best era the sport has ever seen, but now he may at least be able to content himself with leading Great Britain to another crucial Davis Cup win.

Britain take on Hungary this weekend with the winners of the tie set for promotion to Europe/Africa Group I in 2012, and with Murray leading the team it is a golden opportunity.

It has been speculated by some that Murray could find a new level as a result of his Davis Cup exploits in the same manner as Djokovic did, but I think the Scot is already at his optimum.

Murray continues to talk about getting even fitter and to deal with his slightly erratic body language on court, but I don't think there is any more he can do.

Somewhere along the line, Murray will get lucky at a Grand Slam and secure a title that has eluded him thus far.

The danger is obviously that Murray is not able to play in a tie, as that would be effectively curtains for Britain, but he is committed right now.

The Scot is clearly going to be disappointed after his exit in the US Open semi-finals, but he was more gutted to have been defeated at Wimbledon and his response was superb after that.

Murray's loss at Flushing Meadows was less heartbreaking than at SW19, and he looks to be in terrific shape coming into this tie.

I think he will have no trouble whatsoever in coming through his two matches comfortably, and Britain should have the tie wrapped up as a result.

It is a big fillip for coach Leon Smith that Britain finally have an established number two to Murray, and James Ward has been performing superbly of late.

I would back Ward to prevail in each of his two matches also, and Britain should win promotion as a result of a team win.

It would be a real success for Smith, who has thrived in the role of coach and has performed very well since being appointed.

Perhaps Smith's greatest success was in persuading Murray to commit to the team, and as a result Britain sit on the verge of sealing promotion.

Murray is the key to every success Britain has in the competition, and with the Braehead Arena set to provide incredible support once more, it should be a fantastic weekend.

The Scot produced a hugely impressive and very emotional performance in the previous round, and I would not be surprised if he plays even better this time around.

I expect a convincing victory for Britain, and it represents another chance for Murray to show everyone once again how much playing in the competition means to him.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/7428/

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
simon jinxed andy for life and now he is doing the same to nole (trying to unjinx andy tho) :p

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Best era ever of course.....No when your idols was beating Roddick and Hewitt and others that was golden ....

3,728 Posts
book it here now

nole isn't winning 1 slam next year

simon reed is fucked up the calender grand slam

·
29,637 Posts
Best era ever of course.....No when your idols was beating Roddick and Hewitt and others that was golden ....
Took Djoker till he was 24 to surpass Hewitt's CV (winning Wimby and ascending to 1)- when Hewitt was 24 he kept running into Fed in GOAT mode.

Only sayin, like.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Took Djoker till he was 24 to surpass Hewitt's CV (winning Wimby and ascending to 1)- when Hewitt was 24 he kept running into Fed in GOAT mode.

Only sayin, like.
Djokovic surpassed Hewitt 4 years ago in Montreal when he beat Federer at the height of his powers something Hewitt never could

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Djokovic surpassed Hewitt 4 years ago in Montreal when he beat Federer at the height of his powers something Hewitt never could
:superlol: You're hilarious. Stick around for ACC, pretty please.

BTW, great news for Muzza, though no one knows how long ti takes for the Reed jinx to dissipate, might be never

1 - 8 of 8 Posts