Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since many agreed with my idea, I started a Twitition to make a change in the Tour's surfaces.

http://twitition.com/p8sf9/

Let's try and get 1000 signs and send it to the ATP/ITF (they will probably ignore it) but if that fails then we'll make some tennis journalists sign the petition too or at least give their opinion about it. If we can get journalists to take it seriously, then they will ask the players in conferences if they think they should do something about it. And if the players really think it's a better way to preserve their bodies (instead of going on strike).

It's all a matter of IFs, but it's worth trying. All you have to do is sign the petition by Twitter.

What is there to lose, right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh, I need to reactivate my account to sign this already failed cause?
Oh cmon, it's not a failed cause. After all, why not try? I mean, what would you lose? 10 mins of your life to create a twitter?

I don't have a twitter :(
Just make one, it's easy, it won't take more than 5 minutes!

Where do I sign?
Just sign in with Twitter and when you open the petition, you'll see a sign button. Click it and that's it!

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Oh cmon, it's not a failed cause. After all, why not try? I mean, what would you lose? 10 mins of your life to create a twitter?

Just make one, it's easy, it won't take more than 5 minutes!

Just sign in with Twitter and when you open the petition, you'll see a sign button. Click it and that's it!
Naturally I will try, I just rate the chances of success at 0,001%

OK, everybody who does have twitter or will create would need to also tweet that they have signed this so every one of their twitter friends can see it and also maybe sign it, until we have some massive tennis twitter network petition thing going.

The title should be made more concise and specific or whatever, as has been said, so if you could edit that it might be useful.

'Bring variety back to Tennis' or something.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Naturally I will try, I just rate the chances of success at 0,001%

OK, everybody who does have twitter or will create would need to also tweet that they have signed this so every one of their twitter friends can see it and also maybe sign it, until we have some massive tennis twitter network petition thing going.
I have 356 followers and I've already tweeted about it.

Got like 3 RTs so far.

Even 2 Rafa fans! :eek:

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
You should have used a different site that doesn't require accounts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should have used a different site that doesn't require accounts.
But there's no other way to acknowledge the people signing.

It was either Twitter or Facebook, and both are equally used.

Chose Twitter since there's a strong tennis community there and people tend to debate ideas more there than on FB

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
A complete boycott of Wimbledon tickets would do a supreme job.
Gotta remember that many people going to Wimbledon don't know or give a f**k about tennis, so it wouldn't affect them.
Also, people at Wim will think "zomg noes, not another 10 years of ace fests".

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
If you do that:

1. All this "record breaking" that has been going going on over the last decade would cease to exist
2. You would have no dominant all around players anymore.
3. It would probably go back to the early 00's transitional era since all these players have been trained to play on slow as molasses surfaces
4. Djoker and Nadal's dominance (the big publicity carries these days) would be cut in half and then some

1 - 20 of 34 Posts