Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will follow Robby's quest for the title in Madrid...Post any news or comments related to Robby and the Masters Series Madrid here! :)

From what I've heard, Robby will have to earn one of the 6 qualifying spots in the draw...Hopefully, he will do this... :angel:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
:banghead:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Why "siga"??? ... "Vamos" sounds better :)

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Mae said:
Do we know who he will be playing to try to get in the Tournament?
the qualie draw should come out friday (pretty early in the day, US time)... no way to know til then:) But I wouldn't think he should have too much trouble qualifying, considering he'll be in the top 20 trying to do it. lol.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Robby is an idiot, he didn't enter himself in qualifying.

·
85,829 Posts
Grinder said:
Robby is an idiot, he didn't enter himself in qualifying.
Ummm what?!! Wow, idiot is right.

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Yep, if Robby misses this tourney because of oafishness, he´s stupid. :smash: :fiery:

·
85,829 Posts
His best (only?) shot would be one of the 4 WCs into the qualifying tourney, where he'd surely be the #1 seed and thus probably have a pretty easy draw. But considering he'll be top 20 next week I think he'd have a decent shot at one of those WCs even though he's American.

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
I´m not sure, but could it be possible that he decided to miss this tourney on purpose? I just can´t imagine that he would forget to enter himself in the qualie draw, that would be highly unprofessional. I mean, many top players skipped this tourney last year (e.g. Andy, Lleyton etc.).

P.S.: Don´t feel offended by my first post. I was just angry at that moment and haven´t thought before posting.

·
85,829 Posts
I cannot imagine why he would do that. He played Thailand and then Tokyo then took a week off, smartly, but then he should certainly want to play a masters event! Andy didn't play last year b/c of injury and I don't know why Lleyton didn't play, but that was only last year. Those players have both played the tourney other times before, so I don't think it's like a Monte Carlo where lots of players skip it every year. Put it this way, if he did skip it on purpose I cannot imagine why.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why don't we wait to see what happens first!...Things may or may not fall into place for him, and either way, Robby will obviously accept the outcome for what it is...No sense in calling someone an idiot if they end up playing in the tournament...;)

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
On one hand, I can´t imagine why he would skip a TMS event (just like you). He´s fighting for a spot in the top 20 so it would cost him many points if he didn´t show up. But on the other hand, I can´t believe that he would be sooo stupid and forget to enter the qualie draw (James was smart enough to enter). But Andrei Pavel forgot to sign up for his home tourney and the organisers had to give him a WC, so anything is possible.

·
85,829 Posts
bavaria100 said:
But Andrei Pavel forgot to sign up for his home tourney and the organisers had to give him a WC, so everything is possible.
Yep, Agassi forgot to enter Houston earlier this year too, he missed the deadline by a couple of days. They gave him a WC obviously, but that had been a tourney he plays almost every year and has won before, so definitely anything is possible. All you have to do is miss it by a few hours or a day and that's all it takes.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
on Robby's "official" site, his sister claims he will "play again next week in Madrid"...

...not that I completely take her word for it, but hopefully she wouldn't embarrass herself so easily...

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I just posted over in GF that I hope Robby's official site knows what they are talking about because it all sounds very confusing to me :confused:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mae said:
I just posted over in GF that I hope Robby's official site knows what they are talking about because it all sounds very confusing to me :confused:
I can see why :lol: I almost feel like we need to have a press conference set up with him so we can find out what's going on :lol: ...I'm intrigued to say the least...We will know eventually...it will be in the next 5 days or so...*sigh*

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"5 days or so" Gee I'm glad we don't have to hold our breath while we are waiting :rolleyes: I would certainly like to know something before then, but if we can't I guess we will just have to wait :sad:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tell me about it...I wish the press releases would tell us before the next 5 days are up, but I don't see that happening... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 248 Posts