Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss...

IMO, i don't think they should change this. I mean, i hate seen tennis where a player only quality is that he is very tall and he can rip 40 aces + per match. If Anderson and Isner can't break each others, that's their problem, it's only pathetic to see how much unidimensionnal their tennis game is and they got only themself to blame for this 6 and a half hour match.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I sat through the match

Even Wimbledon, who are stubborn about change,

MUST bring a tie break in

It ruined the Friday

It ruined the Saturday schedule

It ruined the Final

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sat through the match

Even Wimbledon, who are stubborn about change,

MUST bring a tie break in

It ruined the Friday

It ruined the Saturday schedule

It ruined the Final

The real final was Djokovic/Nadal. I have honetly no pity for the two servers who can't break each other that they played 6 hours or more. Anyway, they barely ever move, so what's the deal. The day a math between two actual tennis player goes so far in the 5th set, i would consider a change. But as far as i am concerned, it's only a good counter to this growing type of players who rely only on big services games, and it's also good fate Anderson got to play Isner in the semis.

·
Banned
352 Posts
Yes. And FO, AO should too. These are literally the last tournies on Earth that still dont have it. Even the Davis Cup, Olympics finally gave in. Time for these 3 to do the same.

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
No no no. The rules should not be changed just because limited players like Isner, Anderson, etc. don't know how to return.

·
Registered
372 Posts
No, they shouldn't change for the sake of the changes. Maybe they should give players a 30-minutes rest so that they can eat a meal after the 5-hour mark before resuming the play. You would want to give players some energy. The coaches cannot be in the room during the break. If Wimbledon does not have the curfew, this break should be implemented. Unfortunately, there's no way to give them any breaks after 5 hours at Wimbledon due to curfew. Maybe players could be allowed to have a meal during changeover after 5 hour mark and eat little by little to maintain their energy.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I would very much like a 5th set tiebreak.

Tennis matches should be decided on who outplayed the other, not who can survive 11 hours of tennis.

It’s not fair to the players, nor is it fair to the next players to play on that court who have to wait hours, and it’s not even entertaining to watch. For everyone’s sake put in a 5th set tiebreak, at least for every round before the final.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
We should not adapt tennis only because of some freak ultraservers from time to time facing each other and getting to that weird situation where they get more and more tired and only the ability to serve remains while their return games deteriorate to abysmal levels.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
The only problem is John Isner, he has produced it many times. There shouldnt be a tiebreak thats it. The only thing that can solve this is they should be prepared to move the second match to Court 1, like have a set start time.

·
Banned
352 Posts
Of course there should be. Not sure what is so special about the 5th set that makes it so different, from, Say, the 4th set. Just have the same rules for all sets. In games like basketball, they don't have different rules for the 4th Quarter than the 3rd Quarter, etc.. Just do what the USO (and every other tourny on Earth, other than AO, FO, and Wimby) does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's crazy to me that John Isner is so crap at returning serve that they might have to change the scoring system of an entire tournament to accommodate him, but it is getting silly.

I'd be content with a tiebreak at 12-12.

·
Banned
352 Posts
No. Fuck John Isner.
No, has nothing to do with John sner (even though he is 1 of my favorite players). Even for Rafa/Novak, or anyone else, they should just do what every other tourny on Earth, except for FO, Wimby and AO do. Get the TB over with and move on. Matches take too long already anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
No, they should just ban servebots. A Djokodal going 9-7 or 10-8 in the fifth is a great match and I think a tiebreak would detract a bit from it.
The matches that go on forever with hilariously big scorelines in the fifth usually involve at least one bot, if not two. Banning the bots would solve this problem, plus it would make tennis more watchable. So if you ban Isner, Karlovic, Raobot, Gyros, Muller, Mugrin, Querrey, Kanderson and Nose you don't need to change any rules. I think this is the best solution.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.