Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that there should be an absolute time limit, for the latest time a match can start on tour. I thought it was ridiculous to start a match at 1:10 am. I think that tournament has a duty of care for players health. Just stick them on another court if it gets late.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I was thinking that there should be an absolute time limit, for the latest time a match can start on tour. I thought it was ridiculous to start a match at 1:10 am. I think that tournament has a duty of care for players health. Just stick them on another court if it gets late.
Madrid tournament sucks on all levels. They don't have another court.

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
23:00 should be the latest start, especially at Masters when players have to play on back to back days.

Playing between 01:00 AM and 5:00 AM is the worst, the human body is in the resting phase then, no physical activity is desired. If attempted it could be really a low performance...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
This all being said, such late starts are not that uncommon on AO and USO.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,344 Posts
This all being said, such late starts are not that uncommon on AO and USO.
Yes I remember that Hewitt-Baghdatis one right after Federer-Tipsarevic AO2008. Started near midnight, ended at 4:30am the next day. and of course Nishikori Raonic R4 ending at 2:26am

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
The difference when playing late at slams is, the players have a day off and are not expected to play 15 hours later.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Yes I remember that Hewitt-Baghdatis one right after Federer-Tipsarevic AO2008. Started near midnight, ended at 4:30am the next day. and of course Nishikori Raonic R4 ending at 2:26am
Djokovic Baghdatis AO 2009 finished after 3am. Than in the next round Djokovic had to play in the middle of the day on extreme heat vs Roddick, where the roof should have been closed. I am sure that previous match had a role in Novak being completely exhausted and unable to play vs Roddick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts