Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the eye on the upcoming Ferrererer QF at Toronto I was wondering whether there should be a name for a 15-0 h2h? We already have pigeon for 5-0, turkey for 10-0, and ostrich for 20-0. Doesn't it make sense to have one for 15-0? It is a rare achievement after all.

Not trying to jinx Fed btw, but given Ferrer's recent form I'm not sure if he can get his first win over Fed. What do you think? Should we call him Fed's albatross if he loses again?

Discuss.

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts
Goatbitchrrer

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Fer-de-lance

Fer-de-lances are one of the largest and most deadly snakes of Central and South America. They are Costa Rica's most feared snake and with good reason: 50% of all snakebites are from this venomous viper. Described as the ultimate pit-viper, fer-de-lances are excitable, unpredictable and can deliver swift and aggressive strikes. With up to 90 live young born in a single brood, they are a common cause of snakebites in their range. During the day, fer-de-lance lie coiled amongst the leaf-litter, where their long, thick bodies can be hard to spot. Come sundown, the search begins for something to eat.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Roddick

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts
it will be ironic when h2h of 25-10 is reached and this is turned against fed :lol:
It doesn't work like that Ferrer can't get 1 win against Federer.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
With the eye on the upcoming Ferrererer QF at Toronto I was wondering whether there should be a name for a 15-0 h2h? We already have pigeon for 5-0, turkey for 10-0, and ostrich for 20-0. Doesn't it make sense to have one for 15-0? It is a rare achievement after all.

Not trying to jinx Fed btw, but given Ferrer's recent form I'm not sure if he can get his first win over Fed. What do you think? Should we call him Fed's albatross if he loses again?

Discuss.
Something in between the size of a turkey and ostrich. Maybe a pelican or a peacock.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Today Ferrer might just go "NOBODY BEATS DAVID FERRER 15 TIMES IN A ROW!"

And he might finally be able to scratch Federer's name from his bedpost.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

Google Translator:

Noun

a short-tailed game bird with mainly brown plumage, native to Eurasia.

"Raptors are known to prey on game (set-match :)) species, such as quails, partridges , pheasants and rabbits."

Verb

feel or show fear or apprehension.

"she quailed at his heartless words"

synonyms: cower, cringe, flinch, shrink, recoil, shy (away), pull back, shiver, tremble, shake, quake, blench

1 - 20 of 55 Posts