Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
There won't be any tennis in 2020, guys. The sooner you accept it, the better.
I disagree, like with the rest of economy there will come a point when things will have to go back to normality. This is the time when the destruction of the economy becomes more important then some people dying. It can't go on for as long as 9 months, I'm thinking more like 3/4.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I disagree, like with the rest of economy there will come a point when things will have to go back to normality. This is the time when the destruction of the economy becomes more important then some people dying. It can't go on for as long as 9 months, I'm thinking more like 3/4.
So after that you will allow spectators back from all over the world come and watch some tennis? (Something that is absolutely NOT essential for society).

It's time the human species realise what is necessary and what is superfluous, now might be the right time.

And please don't tell me about economy, there is enough money to feed the whole population WORLDWIDE. If you want to make rich people even more rich that's a different matter.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yes, at some point they will have to loosen up on the restrictions, try to go back to normal, step by step. But where do you think tennis and professional sports rank on the priority list? Sport will obviously one of the last "industries" that will go back to normal, and rightly so.

·
Registered
124 Posts
LMAO... I live in Canada, not huge difference in COVID-19 rates between Canada and US. But perhaps they can play Wimbledon in Paris? FO in NY and US Open in London? LMAO

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
They should find a country with almost zero coronavirus, and play there all year, and call the tournaments whatever you want.
Getting the balls to bounce normally in Antarctica would be a challenge though.
Or is the idea to find a country with almost zero covid-19 ... and remove the discrepancy

41 - 51 of 51 Posts