Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a reasonable chance the US won't be safe yet when the US Open arrives. The most logical replacement, Canada, seems to be a lot less affected by the virus and might have it under control by that time. In such a scenario, should it be moved to Canada?

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really think that a country that has the virus under control will hold a huge event with thousands of people coming from other countries?
It should be without a crowd, of course. But tests will be fast and widely available by that time, so for players that won't be an issue

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
This is not happening. This is a global pandemic. The countries that have it under control are not about to allow flights from high risk countries.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You have the perfect place at the indian wells, and if you can't have it there then you can't have it anywhere in the us

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even if they do that (like zero chance) it would look and feel like exactly like a 5-set masters, so what's the point.
If the other Grand Slams can be played, it would be better than nothing. If Roland Garros and/or Wimbledon can't be played, you might as well call it a season.

·
|
15,330 Posts
They should find a country with almost zero coronavirus, and play there all year, and call the tournaments whatever you want.

·
Registered
21,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They should find a country with almost zero coronavirus, and play there all year, and call the tournaments whatever you want.
How is Madagascar holding up?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I would like it to be held in my backyard , to my amusement . Mirka , Xisca and Jelena can stay in my bedroom

1 - 20 of 51 Posts