Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be a good idea for the Masters Cup to be combined with the WTA'S Year End Championships, particuarly as the Masters Cup is due to come to London next year!

I think it would be great to see the Top8 mens and womens players of the tennis year play under the same roof. If they had one, the mixed-doubles champions of each slam could also be invited (thats if players haven't won more than one!) to have a mini-championship too.

I think it would have the potential to be a great event and to celebrate the tennis year altogether.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Combined event = combined TV time?

No thanks.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
I thought the idea was still on the desk since a lot of time

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It would be also cool to have mix doubles based on singles players and pair them based on their ranking: 1and 8, 2 and 7, etc. These are the teams we would have seen last year:

Federer-Sharapova
Nadal-Hantuchova
Djokovic-Chakvetadze
Davydenko-Williams
Roddick-Ivanovic
Ferrer-Kuznetsova
Gonzalez-Jankovic
Gasquet-Henin

What a field!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
No! The womens YEC is going up and up in prizemoney. Those billionaires in Dubai and Doha love the women. Keep it separate.

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
No thank you- bad idea. That's one of the main problems with the slams; you have to sit through too many women's matches.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Bad idea

Combined events mean less WTA coverage basically. Plus , some ATP and WTA top 10 playing on crappy courts without TV

·
Registered
596 Posts
As longs as the men get more tv time, sure. None of this two women's matches to one men's match.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Bad idea

Combined events mean less WTA coverage basically. Plus , some ATP and WTA top 10 playing on crappy courts without TV
That's only if you schedule them to take place at the same time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't like seeing women at men's Master's tournaments. And the worst part is that we lose half of the TV coverage time. It was bad enough at the Australian Open where some days we had to sit through three women's matches before getting to a men's, and every day one of the Williams sisters was on, not to mention we also had to see at least parts of the Williams sisters doubles matches, and all the men's spots were devoted to Roddick, Blake, Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. I didn't see anyone play who didn't play one of those people.

I like the Tennis Channel's Master's coverage that goes straight through from start to finish, and we get to see almost everyone play. I felt like I'd seen everyone on the ATP tour during their Madrid coverage. Now THAT'S my idea of tennis coverage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts