Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all, tennis is a business sport now. Saying NO to talent, promoting 43213265 shot rallies, protecting the top players, making all the courts same, making all court slow so that people see 12 hour marathons, in doing all this fanservice a HUGE chunk of skill has been taken out of the game, and it will get even worse in the coming years. Even if a guy wins 20 Slams in the next generation, how will we know if he is one of the GOATs who can adapt to every condition/court speed, or just some one surface wonder taking advantage of over homogenized conditions ? The direction the game is going, most of the future players will be slow surface grinding wonders who'll actually look like complete morons in fast conditions, thus NOT suitable for being in the All time Greats list, so I don't think the players after this generation should be allowed to make the list, unless they're dominant on clay, cause that looks like the only surface which hasn't changed too much.

Opinions ?

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Great thread, next time when you use Google Translate, break it up into paragraphs.

I agree with premise but no you can't just break things up. But yes most smart fans know how to differentiate eras.

·
Registered
293 Posts
After all, tennis is a business sport now. Saying NO to talent, promoting 43213265 shot rallies, protecting the top players, making all the courts same, making all court slow so that people see 12 hour marathons, in doing all this fanservice a HUGE chunk of skill has been taken out of the game, and it will get even worse in the coming years. Even if a guy wins 20 Slams in the next generation, how will we know if he is one of the GOATs who can adapt to every condition/court speed, or just some one surface wonder taking advantage of over homogenized conditions ? The direction the game is going, most of the future players will be slow surface grinding wonders who'll actually look like complete morons in fast conditions, thus NOT suitable for being in the All time Greats list, so I don't think the players after this generation should be allowed to make the list, unless they're dominant on clay, cause that looks like the only surface which hasn't changed too much.

Opinions ?
what do you want to hear tard? that Fed is a definite GOAT!! if he had been then you wouldn't need to post this thread. The courts before 2k were of only 2 types - faster and slower. I personally believe that there is more variation in the court today rather than prior to 2k and do not forget the Fed is the outcome of the slower court than the faster one. no matter the kind of player Fed is he has achieved his results when the courts were slower same as Nadal and Djokovic. He was a mug in faster courts before it was slowed down for Fed to have his success with the weak opponents.

Today the courts are classified as
Clay - SLow
US Open - Fast
Wimbledon - Medium Fast
Australia - Medium Slow

pre 2002 it was CLay Slow and rest Fast. So tell me where is the more variation?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
We all know Roger is the GOAT and Sampras is second, so we don't need a debate. It's just numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts