Votes: 30 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 26.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the ranking is an accumulative result of past 12months of ranking points.
But do you think it reflects current conditions, according to the race so far, the best player is the guy that won Australian Open, despite a loss, continue to lead #3 Federer by a mile.

So do you think ranking reflects current condition?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Re: Does Ranking Reflect Current Condition (Was Federer the Best Player so far in 200

:wavey: Tennis_Passion.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Re: Should Ranking Reflect Current Condition (Federer best player so far in 2008?)

What an idiotic thread...

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Re: Should Ranking Reflect Current Condition (Federer best player so far in 2008?)

What an idiotic thread...
Yes, another one. See a pattern?

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Current ranking system is just fine. Federer deserves to be where he is (#1). Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
9,760 Posts

That "but" in the start of the 2nd sentence shows that the thread starter does not really understand the information content of rankings. If by "current conditions" you mean form as shown by results in the past couple of weeks, then no, ranking does not reveal that. For example, we all know that Gonzalez was #2 player in the world after 2007 AO and Ljubicic was the real #2 after Miami 2006.

Come back after Wimbledon with the same question.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts

Yes, another one. See a pattern?
What is there about Canadians and MTF...?
Most Canadians I have met in my life were classy, but here :tape:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

·
29,327 Posts

I know there are a lot of Canadian clowns on these boards, but I hope you think some of us are alright, we arent all bad on here. :angel:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

Actually, I was just referring to the quality of the threads started by this one person, not the flag next to his name. :)

·
Registered
9,484 Posts

I know there are a lot of Canadian clowns on these boards, but I hope you think some of us are alright, we arent all bad on here. :angel:
Of course, but you have to admit Canada would be the overwhelming favorite in a DC-like format ACC contest (well, the serbs could give you a run for your money :lol: )

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Huh? Huh??? What's the purpose of this thread? You already answered your own question. That's why we have two rankings. The 12 months one and the Race.
What's next?

·
Registered
9,484 Posts

Actually, I was just referring to the quality of the threads started by this one person, not the flag next to his name. :)
I understand, but he's just a successor of a rich heritage...

·
Registered
9,760 Posts

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Re: Does Ranking Reflect Current Condition (Was Federer the Best Player so far in 200

It could be that Tennis_Passion forgot his/her password after a period of inactivity in which case I guess it is legit.
Yeah, too bad MTF doesn't have that 'hey I forgot my password, send me an email' thingy.

Oh, wait...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What a dumb thread?
I suppose you're suggesting to have weekly rankings that only include the tourneys played that week

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Another reflection of the typical Djokovic fan at MTF if you ask me

next thread?

"Should Djokovic be the GOAT already"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts