Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Stan is the favorite today, no?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As all you know, the fourth seed is very important for getting easier opponent in QF. The battle of the fourth is currently peaking, now we have:

Berdych at 5230
Nishikori at 5220
Nadal at 4990 if he makes the final, 5390 if he wins it.

With a win Nadal in the tournament next week will get above Berdych by 10 points, we have 2 tournaments: Geneva and Nice. Simon is playing in Rome, Stan and Cilic in Geneva.

Should any of them try it? I think giving a wild card for such a wuality player would be an addition for the tournament, no?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
As all you know, the fourth seed is very important for getting easier opponent in QF. The battle of the fourth is currently peaking, now we have:

Berdych at 5230
Nishikori at 5220
Nadal at 4990 if he makes the final, 5390 if he wins it.

With a win Nadal in the tournament next week will get above Berdych by 10 points, we have 2 tournaments: Geneva and Nice. Simon is playing in Rome, Stan and Cilic in Geneva.

Should any of them try it? I think giving a wild card for such a wuality player would be an addition for the tournament, no?
The draw for the RG comes out when Nice and Geneva are still going on so the seeding is based on the ranking after Rome.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
It'd be 5 weeks of tennis in a row if they do, and what....for the 4th seed? Seeding is based on the rankings this Monday, so there would be no point in them doing it. With Nishikori and Berdych out of Rome now as long as Nadal doesn't win Berdych is 4th seed for RG.

Also IF the seedings were not counted until the tournaments were done next week, Berdych would have to win and Nishikori would need to reach the final to even gain any points.

Take the week off and rest up for RG.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I don't see fourth being that important. If Nadal is aiming to win the French he will have to beat andy and all including Djokovic, Federer and Murray in any case so it doesn't matter if he beats then in the quarters, semis or the final. And if he can't beat them all he won't win in any case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts