Should Nadal play USO while apparently unprepared and unfit

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This competition is simply :superlol:

It is a free Slam up for the grabs :shrug:..

I think he should go even at 80% ready..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yeah, everyone is playing horribly these days. Heck, even Nadal sucked in the last tournament he played.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Can't answer the poll, how is Nadal going to be unfit or unprepared if he plays?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Yeah, everyone is playing horribly these days. Heck, even Nadal sucked in the last tournament he played.
:confused: He exceeded expectations.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sure, why not? Nadal without backhand is probably good enough to win it anyway. Then again, it'd kinda suck to go there, lose early, and worsen the injury. But yeah, I'm hoping he plays if he's 80% ready.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Not 100% healthwise and definitely lacking match pactice..
That would imply Nadal would not be healed for USO or that he needed match practice.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
he should definitely play

I mean why not just play and be careful when hitting the backhand to be gentle on the wrist (i.e. slice a lotttttttttt on that wing)

play the US Open and then possibly take it really easy the rest of the season

just seems a shame if he skips it to be 'super' safe. only has a few good seasons likely left in him anyway. unless, of course, the wrist injury is more serious than has been released. also I am going to attend part of the US Open so will be bummed if he's not there :eek:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Disgusting thread

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Does it matter? He lost to kyrgoz in his last match..which happend to be a Grandslam..

Bye dull!
and in 2013 he lost even earlier at Wimbledon and then won every HC event during the American summer swing. your logic is strong :facepalm:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Nadal is healthy but I like how you acknowledge that the field has to be pathetic for Dull to even have a chance.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nadal is healthy but I like how you acknowledge that the field has to be pathetic for Dull to even have a chance.
Nadal has a wrist problem and is in doubt for US Open troll, so the OP is implying he might otherwise not play the event

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
just seems a shame if he skips it to be 'super' safe. only has a few good seasons likely left in him anyway. unless, of course, the wrist injury is more serious than has been released. also I am going to attend part of the US Open so will be bummed if he's not there :eek:
True, I see only 8 or so years he's the favourite at every slam he plays and then a slow decline, but that timeframe can expand depending on how external factors change.

·
Your visions will happen
47,137 Posts
I think he is going to play anyway, this is a real chance as nobody seems to be in anything resembling form besides Federer

1 - 20 of 80 Posts