Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a masters is a masters, it's an important tournament nontheless but what would you do if you were him? Should he tank early in Toronto and focus more on Cincinnati which is the only masters he's missing? Or do you think he should go all the way in Toronto and try to win it for a boost in confidence?

I honestly as a fan of him don't know what to say. It's never a good thing to watch your favourite tank but here it wouldn't bother me as long as he wins Cinci

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Tank toronto, cincy and focus on USO

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Something tells me that he wont win it...

... its Nose's lucky year.

Dull injured
Mugray coming back from surgery
Wawa still not able to overcome Daddy issues even tho he has overcome Spanish Uncle issues..
Making a slam final.

... I fear that he might fluke 18. That would be a real travesty

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Winning all the masters isn't really a thing. Like it might get mentioned on TF but in the wider world it's not even talked about, total number of Masters is more important.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Win Toronto, Win Cincy, tank USO and let Fed win.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Maybe. Winning IW and Miami back to back (even with a couple of W/Os in the latter) seemed to take quite a bit out of him and he picked up that clay season ruining wrist injury afterwards. He doesn't really need to win this title again. YE#1 is pretty much secured and winning Cincinnati would complete the career m1000 sweep - an impressive and unique achievement.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
win both and concentrate on WS for a better USO preparation

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Djokovic needs to focus on Toronto so he can 'regain' his mental confidence. I don't know what it is with Djokovic, but he's always after more mental support. Hopefully he can look back on his Wimbledon victory and get his head together to produce another thrilling American hard court season.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Something tells me that he wont win it...

... its Nose's lucky year.

Dull injured
Mugray coming back from surgery
Wawa still not able to overcome Daddy issues even tho he has overcome Spanish Uncle issues..
Making a slam final.

... I fear that he might fluke 18. That would be a real travesty
:haha:

·
Registered
4 Posts
He's a competitor, and even though I'm sure he sees the "big picture" I don't think he'd ever go out and not give it everything he had to win. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I think he'd be wise to tank one of the two masters. I have no idea how much importance he puts on winning all of the masters events but he might not win Cinci even if he goes all out so I would tank Cinci if he wins Toronto.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts