Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Australian Open
5 titles after only 1 season of prep (2015)

Roland Garros
0 titles after multiple, full seasons of prep

Wimbledon
3 titles after 0 seasons of prep

U.S. Open
1 title after multiple, full seasons of prep

Problems found? Is he just overplaying?

(Note: when I refer to "seasons of prep", I'm talking about pre-Major tourneys)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Re: Should Djokovic stop "prepping" for the clay season?

Good point, almost impossible to beat him when he is fresh.

I hope he skips Canada.

For clay season, he should maybe play Madrid then skip Rome!

·
Registered
154 Posts

Interesting in theory, this.

However, unlikely that it will ever happen. Too many important dirt tournies prior to Roland Garros and the same with the hardies prior to the USO.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts

Masters are mandatory, I believe Djokovic can skip up to 2 max? And he usually already skips one on clay already.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts

His record in RG and USO finals is mediocre so it will be hard to win there as he ages.

AO and Wimbledon is where he can win with ease as the only good grasscourter in his prime atm is headcase murray. He has no serious competition on grass now. At the USO he has a lot of competition seeing as he loses every year to a different player. RG seems to be jinxed for him and at the AO he dominates.

·
Registered
19,408 Posts

Well there are no masters before AO and Wimbledon, there are 3 clay masters before RG (usually skips one) and 2 HC masters before the US Open so... that explains it. There is nothing wrong with him not playing Halle/Queen's but it would be pointless to skip all the clay masters

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

You have a point , but the guy still makes finals.. its just the last match, pure unluck.. it will even out.

·
Registered
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

He should start tanking. Lose his first match and be done with it :lol: There is literally no point in him winning any more Masters.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts

Unfortunately Novak does not have what it takes to win RG. It will remain the ultimate hole in his resume once all is said and done.

·
Registered
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

1 U.S. Open title and he's entered in singles and doubles of both Cincy and Canada :facepalm:

(I changed the thread title from "clay season" to "Majors")

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have been maintaining that he should have dropped Montreal this year and focussed on Cincy and U.S. open. 1 event prior to the U.S. open is good IMHO but 2 masters makes him mentally and physically tired. I was sad to see him enroll in Montreal and now that he might be playing doubles also is really poor judgement on novak's part.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

Unfortunately Novak does not have what it takes to win RG. It will remain the ultimate hole in his resume once all is said and done.
Complete BS. But what else is new from a proven troll.

·
Registered
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
He also always played Abu-Dabi before AO. As for Wimbledon: there were only 2 weeks break between two slams and he almost always reached finals there
Can someone please BAN you already :facepalm:

How are you going to compare a TWO DAY EXHIBITION held TWO WEEKS before a Major to an actual tournament right before a Major? And what is your comment about Wimbledon supposed to even mean? Most people play those tournaments before Wimbledon. He didn't? The years he played those tournaments, he didn't reach the finals.

bullshit. There are no big events before AO and Wim
:facepalm:

Since you apparently skipped the OP, I'll post it for you right here:

(Note: when I refer to "seasons of prep", I'm talking about pre-Major tourneys)

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
How are you going to compare a TWO DAY EXHIBITION held TWO WEEKS before a Major to an actual tournament right before a Major? And what is your comment about Wimbledon supposed to even mean? Most people play those tournaments before Wimbledon. He didn't? The years he played those tournaments, he didn't reach the finals.
And what's your point ??
Djokovic should skip all tornaments between Miami and Rg and between Wim and USO and he will be dominated at the RG and USO then ?? :lol:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts