Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the last 7 weeks Djokovic has been practicing, traveling and playing all big tournaments in which he made all the finals. And this week he has to prepare himself for the clay season then play Monte Carlo, Madrid, Rome and RG. That's a bit too much, he's gonna get himself exhausted physically and mentally or even worse, could get injured.

In 2011, he didn't participate in Doha, DC, or Monte Carlo and he got injured at the end. Now he is not as aggressive as he was in 2011 and Doha, DC, and Monte Carlo are all in his schedule!. He has to pay attention to that and be very careful.
I think he really needs to skip MC and rest his mind and body for this week.

Roland Garros is near, Nole can't afford an injury or being worn out at the wrong time. He must be fully healthy and fresh for RG and Wimbledon.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
He has absolutely nothing to gain in Monte Carlo since nr 1 spot is sealed now. I would skip Monte Carlo and Madrid, play one smaller tournament to stay in form, but thats it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If he feels burnt out a bit, skipping Madrid makes more sense since the conditions are quite different from the other three big clay tournaments.

·
Registered
536 Posts
He should skip Madrid, that horrible crowd doesn't deserve him. :eek:

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If he feels burnt out a bit, skipping Madrid makes more sense since the conditions are quite different from the other three big clay tournaments.
Madrid is mandatory. Monte Carlo isn´t. So the best for him if he were to skip one would be Monte Carlo.

Nadal has played these 3 tournaments and Barcelone for years. Djokovic can manage to play all 3 and just not risk it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Madrid is mandatory. Monte Carlo isn´t. So the best for him if he were to skip one would be Monte Carlo.

Nadal has played these 3 tournaments and Barcelone for years. Djokovic can manage to play all 3 and just not risk it.
Djokovic can skip a mandatory now that he has over 600 career matches.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Skip Madrid would be my recommendation too.

·
Registered
10,919 Posts
I thought about same thing yesterday ...

Yes skipping Madrid has its benefits, the clay is much faster than RG and Madrid crowd :fiery: doesn't deserve to watch the World No.1.
But No1e was evidently fatigued even at Miami. He stated it himself after Dolgo's encounter.
Having that in mind I think that skipping MC and making decent preparation for the clay season makes more sense to me :shrug:

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
It would be a total catastrofy losing to Nadal because of fatique, giving a cheap dosis of confidence to Nadal is the last thing should be happening prior to FO. Novak cant seem to play his usual level during FO, because of the pressure, once he wins FO that will be the last nail into Nadal's coffin.

He should definitly skip MC, and Madrid who cant respect a true champion. He will only lose 1500 points, counting he will play a smaller tourney instead.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Doesn't matter what he skips.

The only way to avoid spanking for the 7th time is by skipping RG. :D

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Yes. Novak should skip either tournament, so Na dull can finally win something.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It would be a total catastrofy losing to Nadal because of fatique, giving a cheap dosis of confidence to Nadal is the last thing should be happening prior to FO. Novak cant seem to play his usual level during FO, because of the pressure, once he wins FO that will be the last nail into Nadal's coffin.

He should definitly skip MC, and Madrid who cant respect a true champion. He will only lose 1500 points, counting he will play a smaller tourney instead.
Actually he only has 360 points to defend. Last year he reached the semifinals at Monte Carlo and skipped Madrid afterwards.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Actually he only has 360 points to defend. Last year he reached the semifinals at Monte Carlo and skipped Madrid afterwards.
Thats almost too good to be true, he should definitly skip those 2 to preserve energy. It's also hilarious I counted 2000 points for both tournies, guess I'm getting used to Nole winning everything...

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
skip Madrid, because Murray is going there :lol:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Thats almost too good to be true, he should definitly skip those 2 to preserve energy. It's also hilarious I counted 2000 points for both tournies, guess I'm getting used to Nole winning everything...
He'll have a two full weeks off (15-16 days) between MC and Madrid if he makes it to the MC final.

He can play just a match or two in Madrid as a warm-up for Rome and RG e.g. losing to Coric ;).

There are also three weeks between RG and Wimbledon this year.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It is always the same every year - IW - Miami, No difference here. The problem was that obviously the conditions in Miami worn him down. It is difficult to play this double but he made a record for himself. The final in that heat was awful for both Andy and Novak. They looked terrible.

I think it is better to skip Madrid. Play Monte Carlo - skipping Madrid - Rome. It is enough for him.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Okay he can skip whatever he wants . Federer,Nadal,Wawrinka will be very fresh.
I will die to see Rafito at #5 or #6 and play Djokovic in QF in Rome and then in QF at FO. It will be great QF match. It will be very interesting to see who will be out of FO .

1 - 20 of 50 Posts