Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should Djokovic skip Madrid ?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all remember that barbarian crowd, who hounded Djokovic in 2013 because he beat Nadull before.
They always boo and insult players who isn't Spanish.
Last year Novak got an injury "at the right time" and didn't play there. This year he definitely doesn't need to play all clay masters. MK and Rome would be enough.
Should he skip Madrid or not ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Definitely he should.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
The conditions in Madrid are totally different to the ones in Roland Garros.

That tournament is a circus, tennis is secondary at best. It's all about entertainment and celebrities.

Novak should skip it, rest, relax and arrive in Rome/Paris in the best possible shape.

Also: pearls before swine? Not this time. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,621 Posts
Yes that would be great

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Nah he should play, then when he wins, tell the crowd to suck his d***

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
If he doesnt skip atleast one tourny before FO then he deserves to lose for bad schedule. You are bound to get tired when you play finals every single tournament you enter, so far he played them all.

·
Banned
923 Posts
If he doesnt skip atleast one tourny before FO then he deserves to lose for bad schedule. You are bound to get tired when you play finals every single tournament you enter, so far he played them all.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
OK, I hate to say this but ... if there is one tournament that I trully hate, yeah it is freaking Madrid ... They should bring it down to a challenger level. Actually that's too good, maybe futures :p.

Disgusting crowd, primitive, just awful ... Djokovic has no business being there, except maybe showing for a minute, taking a microphone and telling the crowd 'Suck my dick, I ain't playing' :lol:.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
why? he will play, we all know about it

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
He needs to play otherwise it would become very obvious that he is purposely skipping it with 2 absent years in a row (last year was a legit injury, but still).

·
Registered
21,142 Posts
Madrid ball girls (aren't they using models there?) approve this.
As far as I approve of hot Spanish females I just dissaprove of obnoxious Spanish males (making up majority of this crowd).

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
one of few good things Djokovic has done in his life was that raw in nadal's face celebration, so he shouldn't skip it

1 - 20 of 114 Posts