Votes: 223 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 84 27.4%
1 - 20 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dislike Djokovic as much as the next man but this feels like an exaggeration. It's obvious that there was no intention and he didn't hit the ball faster than usual in these situations (unlike Shapovalov incident in Davis Cup), which happen quite a bit. He was just so unlucky.

What do you think?

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Well, the rule says he should. Can't argue with that (although I believe it was right not to disqualify Bedene last week for a similar but much more harmless accident).

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Of course, has happened many times in tennis history. Neither Rafa nor Roger was ever defaulted. Never will. His reputation got hit terribly.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
No, I don't think so. It is a scam against Novak Djokovic.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It´s very unlucky for Nole, but looking at what happened, the default is totally justified, the linesjudge couldn´t breathe, it could have been much worse, what if it hit her head.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Did Nalbandian want to hit that person in the leg? Of course not but it was his fault he couldn't control his anger, nothing different in this case, the disqualification is one hundred percent deserved and has nothing to do with being unlucky, people already knew he had anger issues before, even more motivation now to seek the help he needs.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Yes, rules are rules... Djoker is not above them!

Reactions: alypen and Javi

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Based on the rules? Yes.

Based on my opinion? I‘d like to maybe just see a set as punisment, but it can‘t be the current one, which the angry player is likely to have lost anyway or could have lost anyway.

It needs to be a whole new set.

So if you already lost a set, you‘d be gone as well.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Nalbandian thought the ads plaque was strong enough (and it should have been) and hit that, and it goes to hurt the linesperson. I was appalled because I was a fan of his but what can you do, rules are rules.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
By the rules it was probably the correct call.

Clearly was a total accident though so I don’t think he should have really been DQ’d. Maybe a loss of service game would have been fair.

·
Banned
129 Posts
I dislike Djokovic as much as the next man but this feels like an exaggeration. It's obvious that there was no intention and he didn't hit the ball faster than usual in these situations (unlike Shapovalov incident in Davis Cup), which happen quite a bit. He was just so unlucky.

What do you think?
there's no such thing as luck, only karma.
Spiritual guru Novak should know that

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Probably in a court of law it could be argued that he didn't look before striking... but the rules in tennis are pretty clear. He's such a crackpot they probably couldn't wait to throw him out anyway. 20 - 17.

1 - 20 of 578 Posts