Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without the Wimbledon scheduling disgrace, Medvedev would have already beaten him there.

Remember: Djokovic was worse AND more nervous at Wimbledon.

There's no chance he would have beaten Medvedev.

He was literally just there for that slam. Did nothing of note.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully they would continue with HC slam cakewalk gifts to Nadal, instead of Medvedev.
Didnt Rafa face Tsitsipas and Thiem in his last 2 slam HC QF's?

If Thiem had landed to Djokovic in the QF at 2020 AO, Djokovic loses that one also, as Thiem was not yet tired.

·
30,995 Posts
I agree that Djokovic fans should feel fortunate. It is incredibly rare to have a player do what he has done. There have been some great Djokovic fans on this site over the years. Now though, most of his fans on here are glory hunters, who will just move onto the next guy soon.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Medvedev was winning and the match and his rhythm was interrupted for no reason. How is that fair?

less than 0.5% chance
Wasn't it interrupted because of the weather? This is normal in tennis. He should have played better the next day. Hurkacz did.

Fed has a 3-0 H2H against Med, and won the last two matches in straights, 6-1 6-4 6-4 6-2. Even with a bad knee I could see him frustrating Medvedev with serve and volley and his slice.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Without the Wimbledon scheduling disgrace, Medvedev would have already beaten him there.

Remember: Djokovic was worse AND more nervous at Wimbledon.

There's no chance he would have beaten Medvedev.

He literally just there for that slam. Did nothing of note.
Like it or not, Novak WON Wimbledon, AO and FO this year and if I recall correctly Novak did beat Medvedev in the AO final.

·
justice for all
19,341 Posts
Novak’s draw at Wimbledon was one of the easiest in the open era. That’s a fact. But I’m not sure he would have lost to Medvedev as the Russian is unproven on grass (like he is on hard court winning many masters and reaching 2 slam finals before) not to mention he lost fair and square to Hurkacz.

Problem is this new era has no single elite grass court player. At least for now. So it’s quite likely Novak might win Wimbledon yet again in 2022. Hope I’m wrong and someone steps up next year.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Like it or not, Novak WON Wimbledon, AO and FO this year and if I recall correctly Novak did beat Medvedev in the AO final.
yes, like it or not.. Novak lost Olympics (behavior was a disgrace) - Novak lost US open (the biggest match if his career, leaving his crying out as that garnered some sympathy, his behavior of wild swinging racket and racket smashing etc not great here either, and some fans behavior a disgrace). The point is.. if you are respectful to other players fans they will be respectful.. if not, they won't. The last few months on this site has been - in word - Ugly. Novak fans rubbing it to Fedal fans.. "bow down", "cope"..... yeah .. now "COPE".

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes, I feel extremely fortunate. When I started following Novak, his best result in a Slam was a 4th round at the Australian Open and he wasn’t yet in the top 15. I remember how excited I was when he was ranked #12-13 in the world and though amazing it would be to have someone from my country in the top 10 in a sport like tennis. I was just a small kid playing tennis and I never dreamed in a million years that he would win 20 Slams and become the GOAT one day.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree that Djokovic fans should feel fortunate. It is incredibly rare to have a player do what he has done. There have been some great Djokovic fans on this site over the years. Now though, most of his fans on here are glory hunters, who will just move onto the next guy soon.
That is no different to Federer and Nadal fans. In fact most people in this sport will pick once of the guys because they're in the limelight.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
DJ got lucky in scheduling in both Wim 18 and Wim 20. His luck at Wimbledon since 2014 has been outrageous.
In 2018 12th seed Djokovic has played Sandgren in 1R (AO'18 quarterfinalist), Edmund in 3R (AO'18 semifinalist), Khachanov in 4R instead of Thiem, was projected to play Zverev/Kyrgios in QF, Delpo/Nadal in SF and Federer in the final.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
With Federers injury nobody has a shot at stopping Djokovic at Wimbledon

·
Registered
16,883 Posts
In 2018 12th seed Djokovic played Edmund in 3R (Edmund was AO'18 semifinalist), Khachanov in 4R, was projected to play Zverev/Kyrgios in QF, Delpo/Nadal in SF and Federer in the final.
I'm talking about the SF between Isner Anderson going wayyy over time that made faker play indoors instead of outdoors where he would've been beaten by Nadal. Infact it was so abnormal that they even changed the fifth set rule to TBs which favoured Djokovic AGAIN. Had the Wim 19 5th set continued as difference of two, Federer would've won but that's a topic for another time.

So Wim 18,19 and 21 is more like it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts