Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched some really old matches between these 2. Wawa was so passive as if he didn't know how good he was ... My friends, I'm talking about some early tournaments over 10 years ago.

I wish I could somehow document this stuff. You can watch it on 'YouTube' but it feels different.

So, why an I'm typing this ... Stan was always a great player. He didn't know how good he was.

I joke with my friends ... give Nole to Rafa and he somehow delivers ... Give Nadal to Fed and it gets confusing ... Give Roddick to Fed and you know the end of that story ...

Give Stan to Novak ... All mighty Novak don't know what hit him. Funny.

I see it as a some sort of basic physiology.

Graf didn't have an answer to Seles. I love Steffi but it is what it is. It doesn't even matter how many majors Graf won after Seles.

Pete was killing Agassi with that bloody serve ... tough shit.

Borg was killing everyone with his good looks. Many people didn't pay any attention that Borg actually can play tennis.

Shoot, I'm too old 0:)

·
justice for all
13,107 Posts
So in other words you say that Djokovic was lucky that Stan got that awareness how good he was so late, had he realised it earlier he might have beaten Djokovic in a few more slam matches?

That's a very honest and valuable evaluation from you as a die hard Djokovic fan. :yeah:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So in other words you say that Djokovic was lucky that Stan got that awareness how good he was so late, had he realised it earlier he might have beaten Djokovic in a few more slam matches?

That's a very honest and valuable evaluation from you as a die hard Djokovic fan. :yeah:
Yes, yes and yes. You got it.

Stan should have won 10 majors. Why? Because he is so good. That is why I went back to these old matches. It was always there ...

Let me put it this way ... you are a born troll but you don't really realize it because you want to be loved. You see, if you love Fed here, people love you ... It's easy.

Hey, I'm just f#cking with you ... it doesn't matter. If I'm bored I type some sh!t and try to get some people to entertain me.

Now, if you want to learn about Nole tards or fans try typing 'ezekei' ... I don't even come close :eek:

·
justice for all
13,107 Posts

Stan should have won 10 majors. Why? Because he is so good. That is why I went back to these old matches. It was always there ...

Let me put it this way ... you are a born troll but you don't really realize it because you want to be loved. You see, if you love Fed here, people love you ... It's easy.

Hey, I'm just f#cking with you ... it doesn't matter. If I'm bored I type some sh!t and try to get some people to entertain me.

Now, if you want to learn about Nole tards or fans try typing 'ezekei' ... I don't even come close :eek:
Yes, yes and yes except one thing. I don't really love Fed, I just like his game, nothing else. If you want to look for worst Fed cards, try some other trolls, I don't even come close, you know better than me. ;-)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I love Stan very much.

That being said, no, he doesnt have potential for 10 slams, those 3 that he has are a strech. One vs Djokovoc playing 3 days in a row, one vs injured Nadal, and one semi legit at uso 2016 (tho, Novak was a shadow of himself)

If he had potential for more, he would have much more masters and slams that he has.

He is 1-2 slam quality type of player.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts

Hmmm... No. Stan never had the day in, day out consistency needed to win 10 majors

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm... No. Stan never had the day in, day out consistency needed to win 10 majors
Um ... why do Canadians need to teach Americans some English? Well, it's not 'um', not 'hm' ... I'm just jk btw.

On the other hand, Stan was good enough to win 11 majors if he felt like it. Tell me please why are Djokovic, Federer and Rafa entitled to win everything left and right. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Um ... why do Canadians need to teach Americans some English? Well, it's not 'um', not 'hm' ... I'm just jk btw.

On the other hand, Stan was good enough to win 11 majors if he felt like it. Tell me please why are Djokovic, Federer and Rafa entitled to win everything left and right. /images/MensTennisForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png
So Stan had the choice but didn't feel like winning 11 majors. Too nonchalant, this Stanimal

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
How can he win 10 or 11 Slams but only won one Masters title and only made 4 Masters finals in his entire career? He is very very lucky to have won 3 and overachieved to get those. Guys who have 10+ Slams dominated the game and had a considerable amount of consistency. You can't just walk on the court and win 10 Slams because you feel like it.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I also don't know which matches 10 years ago OP did watch to make such conclusion ..Umag 2006, DC, Rome 2008 2011, Basel2009 .. Wawrinka won two matches before AO 2014 but hey..

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
How can he win 10 or 11 Slams but only won one Masters title and only made 4 Masters finals in his entire career? He is very very lucky to have won 3 and overachieved to get those. Guys who have 10+ Slams dominated the game and had a considerable amount of consistency. You can't just walk on the court and win 10 Slams because you feel like it.
I don't know about 10 slams but you know very well he peaked late.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Way to sabotage your relationship with No1efam.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
GOATrinka is a sight to behold...but too many times we get MUGrinka or UErinka

Excellence demands consistency, this is where Stan falls short

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Alex999 is blacklisted from NoleFam but it’s okay, I’m sure the Haas Fam will welcome him with open arms, right?
You can't just put fam on the end of everything you massive fault.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Graf didn't have an answer to Seles. I love Steffi but it is what it is. It doesn't even matter how many majors Graf won after Seles.
It seems to be like this is always a tad exaggerated even if you only consider their matches before the attack.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts