Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
De minaur is just relentless. Gotta love his persistence. He can make the final.

McDonald was actually playing very well. de minaur was even down a break in the second only to claw it back.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Of course such a pathetic hater like guitarra commented on this thread even faster than all of de Minaur's supporters. Why am I not even surprised.

Alex is such a fighter though. Down 15-40 *2-4 and came back to win it. His fighting spirit and work ethics will take him very far. That's not something you can teach.

·
justice for all
13,139 Posts
It's not just endurance. He's mentally tough and plays smart.
Of course such a pathetic hater like guitarra commented on this thread even faster than all of de Minaur's supporters. Why am I not even surprised.

Alex is such a fighter though. Down 15-40 *2-4 and came back to win it. His fighting spirit and work ethics will take him very far. That's not something you can teach.
Where did I say endurance is de Minaur's only strength? But when someone is bageled in the final set after winning first with a breadstick and losing 2nd in the TB don't tell me being bageled in the final doesn't have anything to do with endurance. It sure does more that with mental strength.

And it's you who are pathetic not me if you call me a hater for stating the obvious.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
McDonald actually won 26 points in the third which is a remarkably high amount for a bagel set. The first five games of the set have gone to deuce with McDonald wasting ten gamepoints in four different games. As daft as that might sound at first, but that set could easily have gone the other way if MacKenzie had just used his opportunities.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm glad Alex got the win. I can't see any of the Asian Tournaments because I have no coverage of them :mad:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
McDonald actually won 26 points in the third which is a remarkably high amount for a bagel set. The first five games of the set have gone to deuce with McDonald wasting ten gamepoints in four different games. As daft as that might sound at first, but that set could easily have gone the other way if MacKenzie had just used his opportunities.
This also shows and emphasizes what a fighter de Minaur is, and what a mental midget McDonald is developing himself into.
Having said that, Alex should win matches more easily, if he'll likely to keep this winning form week in, week out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts