Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Strong comeback and return for Muller this year, showing up a lot of the current crop of Challenger players.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Beating the top three seeds to win a challenger :worship: he really deserves that. Muller is playing in Taipei next and will face Samuel Groth.

By the way, Muller is 11-1 or 12-1 in tiebreaks this year so far! (Not sure, I counted them yesterday and I don't have the time right now to do it again.) He seems to have resolved his mental issues too.

Edit: Apparently I counted wrong the first time, he's 11-2 so far. Very impressive nevertheless. Muller didn't lose any service games during the tournament by the way: http://www.tennisabstract.com/cgi-bin/player.cgi?p=GillesMuller&f=o1

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Quality win for Muller. I can't recall him playing this well the months prior to his injury.

He's at 160 ranking now according to Slasher :)worship:), hopefully he can get himself into the top 100 by the grass season so he can have a run at Wimbledon or possibly win Newport :D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Should never be outside the top 50 with that serve.
Mullers serve has always been a great weapon but actually in the Guadalajara challenger he won it was actually his return of serve that impressed me most.

He played some real big servers(de schepper, brown, ram) on a quick hard court and did a great job of applying pressure, just blocking the ball back to a length, or chip charging.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
back to grand slam qualies after this :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Strong comeback and return for Muller this year, showing up a lot of the current crop of Challenger players.
Hoorah for Gilles, great to seem him playing so well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts