Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JELENA JANKOVIC @3.90, 10 units

Vaidisova threw away so many opportunities in 2nd set. I don't trust Serena here against the more athletic serbian. Service is the only factor that can give Serena the edge.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Jankovic is lucky to be in this stage of the tournament. Paszek should have finished her job in the 1st round. Anyway, I don't understand WTA but I would not bet on Jankovic against Serena.

EDIT: nothing interesting for me, maybe some livebetting. I would back Youzhny but his price is too small.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Just the one!!

50 units on Jo Wilfred Tsonga 2.70 over Mikhail Youzhny - Like the Frenchmen game and the guns that can hurt the smooth silky Misha in my mind,just hope he doesnt get over the top and stick to what his been doing,Youzhny backhand will have to be onsong imo as it can be a weakness in his game!!

Good luck!!

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
S.Williams to beat Jankovic @ 1.32

Skinny odds I know but all form points to a Williams win. Serena has been serving like a beast all week, winning an average of about 85% of points on serve in the first four matches and has yet to be taken to even a tie breaker.

Jankovic on the otherhand has struggled in the first four rounds and should have really got knocked out against Paszek. Her serve is really weak and Serena will just pound it all day long.

Sharapova to beat Henin @ 2.72.

At the moment, Shara is playing as well as she has ever done. She absolutely demolished Dementieva in the last round which particularly impressive as Demi had looked in such good form. I don't think Henin is at the absolute top of her game so far this year and she hasn't really been tested so far this tournament. These two played a thriller in Madrid in the YEC and I expect it to be another close match. The one thing that you know Shara won't do, like so many other WTA players do is beat themselves when they play Henin.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
I saw jankovic playing few days ago and she looked exactly the same?

Also liked the look of Youzhny, hes playing with lots of confidence at the moment which was his main problem in the past. Tsonga is good but if he doesn't serve at his best the russian should take him out fairly easily.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nadal - Nieminen Under 33,5 Games @1,85 Gamebookers 9/10

The only reason why Jarko is here was the groggy mentality of Kohlschreiber who couldn`t use 12 Setpoints in the Sets 2 and 3...
Nadal is absolutly on fire, so focused, so physically fit! Jarko has absolutly no weapons to fight the Spainard here!
Another aspekt is the ridiculous bad second serve from Nieminen, Nadal will atack this one like hell!

This line is terrific!! It includs a maximum result of e.g. 7:6 6:4 6:4.
Compared to the Handicap of +7,5 (which allows max. e.g. 6:4 6:3 6:3 !)
it looks even more brilliant to me!

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Does anyone know how long Henin's unbeaten run is?

Henin vs Pova Over 22.5 5/6

Henin win 8/15

Henin win 2-1 11/4

Serena -3.5 5/6

Serena 2-0 4/5

Serena win 2/7

Tsonga vs Misha over 39.5 5/6

Youzny win 3-2 9/2

Misha win 1/2

Nadal 3-0 8/13

Under 33.5 5/6

gl

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
A Clement/M Llodra v D Nestor/M Zimonjic

J Coetzee/W Moodie v M Damm/P Vizner

V Azarenka/S Peer v J Husarova/F Pennetta

Z Yan/J Zheng v S Williams/V Williams

Anyone got any expert opinion on the doubles matches later on today?

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Does anyone know how long Henin's unbeaten run is?

Henin vs Pova Over 22.5 5/6

Henin win 8/15

Henin win 2-1 11/4

Serena -3.5 5/6

Serena 2-0 4/5

Serena win 2/7

Tsonga vs Misha over 39.5 5/6

Youzny win 3-2 9/2

Misha win 1/2

Nadal 3-0 8/13

Under 33.5 5/6

gl
Agree with most of them. Shara vs Henin should be a thriller as Shara is on great form and getting back to her best after her injuries last season. Henin IMO is not playing great at the moment and was serving under 50% in her last two matches and made 23 unforced errors in her last match. If she plays the same tommorrow, then Shara will win.

Niemo has absolutely nothing to hurt Nadal and the match should follow the same suit as their Wimbledon quarter final from 2006.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Very tempted to play Nadal -6.5 games @ 1.83 (Willhill). As Jaap mentions, Jarkko has nothing really to hurt Nadal with, and I'd be expecting Rafa to win each set with at least a 2 game differential. A good chance that one set will be 6-3 or better, to get this handicap over the line. :shrug:

Tsonga is very dangerous, but I'm expecting Misha to come through this one...has the tools to pass any half-baked net-rushing attempt by the Frenchman, and is the more stable, versatile player, particularly from the back of the court. Not tempted to take his odds, especially as Tsonga can win this if he plays a blinder.

I'm no WTA expert by any means, but I'd be inclined to believe that Serena will quite literally hit Jankovic off the court. Might be a close match, but I think power will prevail. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Great pick at fonbet for the small betters or those without limits there:
Nadal to win in Under 34.5 @ 2....doesn't get better...line+odd are great..10/10 for me.

Also playing Youzhny @ 1.5ish big stakes and for fun and because I think there is a lot better chance than 1 in 10 to win this one, a treble: Nadal to win in under 34.5, Youz in under 39.5,Jankovic +4.5 @ 10.4

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
JuJu vs. Shark

For us „Henin to win AO“ backers is this the only frightening match, so to avoid a loss its far better to bet on Serena to win AO ( at 4.3), in case „Shark win scenario“, there is no way Maria will beat Serena...(I promised myself not to bet against Henin anymore :inlove: )
JuJu leads Shark 6:2, definitely knows how to play her, some nonsensical arguments like she is serving under 50% atc. makes me laugh, or how she hasnt been tested yet..like Sharks wins over Vesnina and Dementiva..one is like 3rd league comparing to her and another has results like throwing darts.
This girl has 31 wins in a row run!!Only 2 losses in last 70 matches!Beat everyone from Top 20 last year..some over and over again.
So I go for Henin -2 games at 6/11 ( no need to comment 2 games deficit..)
Under/over still havent decided yet as for me this is 2 sets match and 7:5 6:4 is on the line.
Of course ----justine in two at 9/4.
This match will be great for livebetting with a lot of ups and downs.Forget theirs last match, this one will be different..

Serena vs. Janko

I have fallen asleep as this match was open at ½ and is now 2/7, even that, no doubts this will be in straight sets. I still have no idea what is Jelena doing in ¼ final, letting Paszek served 4 times for match, I still have the MPs in my head, what a luck she had on those two rallies..no weapons against Serena no fear on this one.
Serena 2:0 at 7/10

·
Banned
5,404 Posts
Best Bests IMO

Henin and Serena.

Jelena shouldn't be here, Dellacqua could have beaten her, but she has so many errors and could't get the ball over the net. 2 years more experience and Jankovic would have been beaten, hands down

1 - 20 of 55 Posts