Discussion Starter #1
:sad::sad:

Ferrero... u had 4 matchpoints!!

:crying2:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Bad luck Juanqui. :sad:

After the first set who honestly saw this coming? Great fighting as always from Pics, especially considering how disinterested he looked early on.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
How on Earth did you lost this :mad:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
:boohoo: :hug: :boohoo: :hug:

Hope JC's ankle is OK.... :sad:

Congrats, Ferru! :hug:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
David :D
Juanqui :hug:

I hope Juanqui will continue to play another year at least, he has done well on his comeback. Those ripping forehands are a joy to watch :drool:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Match turned after JC hurt his ankle 2nd set, once Ferrer saved those matchpoints the 3rd set was NID...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
David "Pics" Ferrer:bowdown:

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a great match! They played so well...and I thought it was awesome that David under so much pressure was able to save those MP's. But full props to JCF.

Congrats David! :)

·
Premium Member
20,709 Posts
Match turned after JC hurt his ankle 2nd set, once Ferrer saved those matchpoints the 3rd set was NID...
no doubt, but Ferrer was really bad in the first set. he often needs a set to warm up, and that often costs him matches -- just as he finds his game, it's too late.

But yeah, even though I didn't think Ferrero was moving too badly after the injury, it surely was affecting him. I like both guys but I wish Ferrero could have won.

Ferru :yeah:
Juanqui :sad: :hug:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
JCF is 32 and rolled his ankle in the second set, he never moved as well or had as much spring after that.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Pics has now officially qualified for the WTFs again! :worship:

JCF :hug: Hopefully his form since his comeback means he won't retire at the end of the season. With nothing to defend, he could well get back into the top 20 next year.

·
Premium Member
96,462 Posts
Ferrer's 1st serve % was shocking through 1 and half sets. Big win

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
JCF is 32 and rolled his ankle in the second set, he never moved as well or had as much spring after that.
He won't be 32 until next February. ;)

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Ferrer has been in very poor form. He's a good fighter but fortune was definitely on his side in this match. Hopefully the Ferrer who made the finals of WTF shows up and not the one who was a punching bag for the other guys, but it's not looking good :sad:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts