·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:aparty:

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Expected result. Zverev is rarely troubled by most of his contemporaries, especially in 3-setters (which made that TO loss to Tsitsipas even more extraordinary).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well done Sascha! :D Defeating two in form players in a row. :yeah:

I am surprised he got through it so easily, De Minaur is the kind of player he usually struggles against.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Lol, no. This will be the easiest opponent this tournament.
Despite my previous post, I agree with @Ertl93 that Edmund should be a tough test, assuming that he's back to the good form he was showing up to Wimbledon. Still expect Zverev to win but I think the Brit could make things tricky for him, especially with his FH on this surface.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Well, Zverev playing so well in the autumn is quite surprising tbh.

Anyone still remembering his losing streak was it last year?
Not really a losing streak but a slump for sure, he only lost 2 consecutive matches at a time. Last year Beijing SF was his last good result, this year he has a good chance to gain a lot of points.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually he has played rather well in Asia in previous years, QF Beijing and R3 Shanghai beating Isner + Cilic and only choking to Tsonga in 2016 were absolutely fine. Last year in Shangai he was just unlucky to run into low-seeded del Potro in R3, but was close to beating him nonetheless.

Afterwards he's barely played, mostly ended his season after Stockholm. Last year was the first time he did so, was unfortunate with a virus in Vienna though that messed up the rest of the season.

That said, I'm not yet convinced in his play here this year. De Minaur is just a glorified mug, Edmund next might become tougher than I normally would expect with Zverev playing well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts