Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Re: Shanghai R2: Murray through to R3 as Tursunov withdraws

Thanks for that info, I was wondering. Virgin decided to replace street boxes without any prior notice, nothing on service status page, nothing online anywhere, no TV or BB for a day just like that. which undoubtedly they'll charge me for. At least I've not missed anything.

Using phone as hotspot but don't have many mb's wouldn't have been able to watch online.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

This makes Murray #3?

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

just what Muzza needed after 2 long weeks

a WO :woohoo:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for that info, I was wondering. Virgin decided to replace street boxes without any prior notice, nothing on service status page, nothing online anywhere, no TV or BB for a day just like that. which undoubtedly they'll charge me for. At least I've not missed anything.

Using phone as hotspot but don't have many mb's wouldn't have been able to watch online.
If you're outside of your contract period, when it comes back on ring up and tell them you want to cancel and go to sky because of the outage. They'll probably offer you more than if you just said you want compensation, plus you'd have to serve a month or so notice period to cancel so can always 'cancel your cancellation' if they don't offer you anything. I worked for a similar company and if someone wanted compensation for 2 or 3 days it'd just be like £3.50 or something silly, but if they asked to (not threatened to) cancel they'd usually end up getting a free month or something.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Muzza spent his time off well - went to watch Rafa's match.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Lol- watch Wawa withdraw too. No wants to play him after he bageled Nadal. It's a good thing I didn't wake up super early to see what kind form Andy is in or if he tired. Oh wait, damn.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Muzza spent his time off well - went to watch Rafa's match.
Are you serious? Did he bring popcorn? Bagels?

Reactions: Sham Kay Adams

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This makes Murray #3?
No, not yet. If Murray were to win the tournament here he'd stay on the same amount of points as he currently has (because he won it last year) but because Federer isn't playing this week he'd lose the 600 points he got for making the final last year. Thus Murray would be on 7825 and Federer would be on 7780.

Anything less than a win in this tournament and Murray will stay ranked 4 - but Fed has a lot of points to defend in the next couple of months, particularly at WTF, and so Murray certainly has the chance to leapfrog Roger in the rankings.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Are you serious? Did he bring popcorn? Bagels?
Yeah, he was in the stands at least during the tail end of the second set of Rafa's match. No popcorn as far as I could see, I wasn't all too sure about bagels, though. :D

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

Yeah, he was in the stands at least during the tail end of the second set of Rafa's match. No popcorn as far as I could see, I wasn't all too sure about bagels, though. :D
At least somebody was.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

At least somebody was.
:lol: - good point!
Yep that stadium was close to being entirely EMPTY. Didn't take the cameraman much trouble to spot Da Muzza in the house.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

Don't tell me deathbed Tursunov beat Bellucci. :eek:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

No, not yet. If Murray were to win the tournament here he'd stay on the same amount of points as he currently has (because he won it last year) but because Federer isn't playing this week he'd lose the 600 points he got for making the final last year. Thus Murray would be on 7825 and Federer would be on 7780.

Anything less than a win in this tournament and Murray will stay ranked 4 - but Fed has a lot of points to defend in the next couple of months, particularly at WTF, and so Murray certainly has the chance to leapfrog Roger in the rankings.
Thanks for the breakdown analysis ;)
But still, a title defense is looking likely, provided he will continue his comfort zone against Wawa.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
R48: BYE
R32: W/O

reminds me of Fed's 2010 cincinnati draw

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like i've said in another post though, Murray has had some tough matches against Stan - Murray leads the H2H 5-4, has only ever beaten Stan in straight sets once, and in their last five matches Murray has only won 9 sets to Stan's 8.

You'd have to say Murray is the favourite, but it's not a given!

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Like i've said in another post though, Murray has had some tough matches against Stan - Murray leads the H2H 5-4, has only ever beaten Stan in straight sets once, and in their last five matches Murray has only won 9 sets to Stan's 8.

You'd have to say Murray is the favourite, but it's not a given!
Yeah, but the Donald Young barometer is pretty decisive, Murray is in much better form.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts