Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milos looking like his old self here, in that he kept his composure throughout the match. Was up a break on Llodra in the last set, got broken when serving for the match, but still managed to win in the TB :yeah:

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Bizarre behaviour from Llodra. From ultra motivated and sharp in the 1st set, to mode Idontgiveaflyingfuck on next. Nasty stuff

·
29,832 Posts
Milos looking like his old self here, in that he kept his composure throughout the match. Was up a break on Llodra in the last set, got broken when serving for the match, but still managed to win in the TB :yeah:
Milos needing 3 to beat Llodra isn't Milos at himself. Milos beat Llodra in straight sets in Montreal in 2009 when he was ranked in the mid 700s.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Milos needing 3 to beat Llodra isn't Milos at himself. Milos beat Llodra in straight sets in Montreal in 2009 when he was ranked in the mid 700s.
Talk about overconfidence :eek: Raonic may be a good player and he may be a great player in the future, but Llondra is always a scary opponent and was by far the favorite in this matchup. I was cheering for Raonic because he needs this win more, but he almost lost to a Llondra who didn't seem to care and had worse stats in every department. Not a good sign :wavey:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well done to Milos for pulling out the victory after chocking away that lead in the third. Any win is great right now as he attempts to get back on track. :yeah:

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Raoniс back!

·
29,832 Posts
Talk about overconfidence :eek: Raonic may be a good player and he may be a great player in the future, but Llondra is always a scary opponent and was by far the favorite in this matchup. I was cheering for Raonic because he needs this win more, but he almost lost to a Llondra who didn't seem to care and had worse stats in every department. Not a good sign :wavey:
I agree, we are saying the exact same thing. ;)

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh come on, be realistic. He's hardly played matches against top 50 guys since his surgery and time off. I didn't say Milos was back, just that he was looking more like himself; it's going to take time.

Bizarre behaviour from Llodra. From ultra motivated and sharp in the 1st set, to mode Idontgiveaflyingfuck on next. Nasty stuff
Llodra does this quite often, which is why even though he has an attractive playing style and seems like a nice fellow, I can never really get behind him.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Big choke in the third but held together nicely in the tiebreak.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Mika give Amelie another call again from today on until the off season to workout again and practice:shrug:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I´m happy Milos is next round, but really he wasn´t so good. First of all what a choke- mental thing to lost 1st time your serve when you are serving for match- this just can´t happen to him against better players, secondly, his serve wasn´t so good- yes he was firing 220km/h and more a lot, but only 11 aces in 3 sets- that is bellow average for Milos and also points won on 1st serve 73% only, he was playing Llodra not good returner, i am not optimistic about his next game against Ferrer. David will break him at least once in each set, the question is will he be able to break him back? Today in rallies quite a lot of mistakes and David is a wall... so i am not optimistic about his next match.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
:bigclap: I'm really happy to see that Milos is back on track after the injury, I was in doubt as to whether he would recover enough to post any wins this year but here he is :)

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
i am getting the vibe that once those points from paris come off, we won't be seeing llodra in the top 50 for a while, or even ever again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts