Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Denis didn´t want to win this match, he was totally off today, unless he has some injury we don´t know, it´s a really terrible attitude considering it´s a masters

·
The special one
14,023 Posts
Shapovalov was completely all over the place, just trying to hit winners that just wasn't there, trying to end the point straight away, no point construction at all.

Zverev was in the crowd, he plays Basilashvili next, wouldn't shock me if he beats Zverev.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Awful match from Shapovalov. Couldn't get a feel for the court, which was too fast for his suspect return, and turned into a wild UE machine. He's been visibly frustrated and deflated in his last two matches. They should be a good wake up call. There's a lot of work to be done in the off season. Hopefully he'll sort out his coaching situation and make the best of it.

Basilashvili also picked up exactly where he left off in Beijing. Unless his level drops significantly, Zverev will have his hands full.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Shapovalov was completely all over the place, just trying to hit winners that just wasn't there, trying to end the point straight away, no point construction at all.
That's how he always plays, win or lose. Not tactically brightest fellow but he's scary when it all goes in.

·
The special one
14,023 Posts
That's how he always plays, win or lose. Not tactically brightest fellow but he's scary when it all goes in.
Yeah, I agree, it's like there's nothing going on between the ears at all sometimes. Really needs a coach, not sure what exactly the situation is.

I honestly think his Mum needs to take a back seat, the camera cuts to her all the time. Oh yeah, and don't get me started on the bloody cuddly bear, or whatever the fuck it is, Is that meant to be some sort of lucky charm, every time I see it I fell like flying over to Shanghai and flushing the damn thing down the toilet, you can tell the guy's lived a sheltered life.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
not much the teenager could do; he was simply outgunned and outmanned by the hard hitting georgian.

on a side note, basilashvili looks like stallone in nighthawks..

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Oh yeah, and don't get me started on the bloody cuddly bear, or whatever the fuck it is, Is that meant to be some sort of lucky charm, every time I see it I fell like flying over to Shanghai and flushing the damn thing down the toilet, you can tell the guy's lived a sheltered life.
One would think putting that plushy on display is the peak of public embarrassment a parent can provide. Poor guy. :awks:

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Yeah, I agree, it's like there's nothing going on between the ears at all sometimes. Really needs a coach, not sure what exactly the situation is.

I honestly think his Mum needs to take a back seat, the camera cuts to her all the time. Oh yeah, and don't get me started on the bloody cuddly bear, or whatever the fuck it is, Is that meant to be some sort of lucky charm, every time I see it I fell like flying over to Shanghai and flushing the damn thing down the toilet, you can tell the guy's lived a sheltered life.
Not sure Miss Salnikova who was stolen her WTA career by Soviet Union and was basically allowed in her prime to play Fed Cup only (defeating V. Wade and L. Arraya), gonna let somebody else stole her second chance with her son.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Not sure Miss Salnikova who was stolen her WTA career by Soviet Union and was basically allowed in her prime to play Fed Cup only (defeating V. Wade and L. Arraya), gonna let somebody else stole her second chance with her son.
In your unconvincing attempt to be witty you mixed up the moms.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
You are right, and it is not the first time on MTF I do it, both are so overhyped I always mixes them.
Yeah, it's obviously their fault you can't get your facts right when you trash talk. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Zverev was in the crowd, he plays Basilashvili next, wouldn't shock me if he beats Zverev.
I agree, I think Zverev is proving very unstable throught the year - starts season really badly, peaks in March-June and then after US Open it is a collection of R2/3 exits. My money are on Basilashvili.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Shapovalov is going to have a career the same as Wawrinka has in the past few years. Lots of 1R losses to weaker players, but also several weeks per year where it all works and he wins tournaments.

Anybody that relies so heavily on offence, more specifically shotmaking, will be the same. Basilishvili is in the same boat, as well. How many times has he lost 1R to much less talented players because he was spraying errors?

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shapovalov is a strange one as despite having a OHBH, he doesn't have much versatility in his game.
I am not sure there is an obvious correlation though, Stan Wawrinka and Dominic Thiem for instance are similar cases.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Yeah, it's obviously their fault you can't get your facts right when you trash talk. :)
Not at all.

But it is blatantly their tards' fault if both are so overhyped and do so few that I am mixing and partly their fault if both are far from reaching what their tards are expecting .

1 - 20 of 46 Posts