Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zverev books a ticket to London with this win

First time I see Sasha playing solid from both sides, specially from the BH, since Washington, his ROS produced some great angles too but he was bit too erratic to finish some easy balls being closer to the baseline

The match against Djokovic (if he wins against Anderson) will be interesting but still, I think Djokovic should have a bad day to lose

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Really hope we get the Zverev/Djokovic matchup. It's been a year and a half since Sascha beat him for his maiden masters title and the circumstances were sort of different then. I want to see if Zverev can take it to him when Djoker is in slam-winning form.

Great tournament for him though...didn't think it was possible post-USO.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Best Display from Sascha since Washington, finally. :)

On Masters 1000 Stage he is a Beast this year. Playing like this he can and will trouble Djokovic!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Been very good on serve this week, held 21 out of 22 service games apparently which is progress.

Can't add much to that as woke up at 7am (UK) and turned on this match just as he had match point!

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
That was quite good, easy and straightforward win.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Qualified for the Finals a second year in a row. You can say what you want about Sascha and his underperforming at the Slams but it's an impressive feat nonetheless for such a young guy. Proving he is no one year wonder. :hatoff:

Now let's see what he can do against Nole.

·
The special one
14,022 Posts
Yeah I felt this was pretty ND, still Edmund has got his act together finally during the China swing after a disappointing run of results on HC since his AO run, hope he builds on this momentum now.

Zverev looks to be playing well again, should be a good match against Novak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts