·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too good Thick Legs.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Not a great match, bit scrappy from both but Andy had enough in the thick legs when it counted and served much better.

Off the ground it was more even, with both of them making quite a few errors.

Still, 3 weeks, 3 titles - not many people have done that before. Yes he had an easy draw this week but you still have to get through it and I think he was mentally tired by the end of this tournament so it's still a good effort.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Ferrer :sad: Feel so sad for him whenever he makes it far in a big tournament he always comes up against someone in unbelievable form.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Thick legs™ too strong.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Bercy, also there for the taking.

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
#4 huh, sounds so wrong but oh well, he is still the favorite against the new #3 in slams which is what matters

congrats Murray, tough luck Ferru :hug:

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Ferrer was horrible. 44% 1st serve, 30 UE I think, just didn't show up today against a mediocre Murray. Easy 1000 points for Murray, hopefully he uses this to do well at the WTF and maybe the AO but I doubt it. We've all been here before :(

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
What a champ this Murray the level of players he had to face to get this 8th shield following up the luck when Nole had to retire last time is amazing.

I like Ferrer as a person and a player somewhat but he has no businnes playing in a HC masters final with the level of players that we have on offer these days and he should have lost to Ferrero hadn't he injured himself aswell. Horrible state in the game of tennis right about now. Hope things can pick up for London though Delpo and Soda not playing is really really bad.

Atleast its not such a big slump as WTA at the moment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well deserved win - served well but more unforced errors than has been the case all week. When he was aggressive Andy was impressive but I detected a nervousness and a return to an overly defensive style that has been identified with him throughout his career. Second serve % needs to improve as well

His winning streak continues. Next up Valencia or Basle although on Sky he said that he hasn't yet made up his mind whether to play that week. Will do so this coming week.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Not a great match, bit scrappy from both but Andy had enough in the thick legs when it counted and served much better.

Off the ground it was more even, with both of them making quite a few errors.

Still, 3 weeks, 3 titles - not many people have done that before. Yes he had an easy draw this week but you still have to get through it and I think he was mentally tired by the end of this tournament so it's still a good effort.
Er hello , ! Djokovic this Year! Serbia, Madrid and Rome! Good for Murray but I won,t get to excited ! Novak is coming back soon!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Er hello , ! Djokovic this Year! Serbia, Madrid and Rome! Good for Murray but I won,t get to excited ! Novak is coming back soon!
Er Hello, he said "not MANY people", he didn't say, "no one else has done this".

God....Noletards, their comprehension and arrogance these days.

·
Registered
726 Posts
What a champ this Murray the level of players he had to face to get this 8th shield following up the luck when Nole had to retire last time is amazing.

I like Ferrer as a person and a player somewhat but he has no businnes playing in a HC masters final with the level of players that we have on offer these days and he should have lost to Ferrero hadn't he injured himself aswell. Horrible state in the game of tennis right about now. Hope things can pick up for London though Delpo and Soda not playing is really really bad.

Atleast its not such a big slump as WTA at the moment.
Come on man. His draw was indeed very easy here, but then again his draw at Tokio was the hardest possible...One week he is lucky, the other he is unlucky. It's not like he has fluked his way to 3 tournament victories with only bad opponents...

1 - 20 of 225 Posts