Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a good match. Wawrinka was just pushing and Murray was erratic. Epic racket smash from Stan in the third set though.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Re: ShangBYE 3R: Murray def. Wawrinka 6-4 3-6 6-3

The only good thing was the racket smash. Andrew should cruise through this field of mugs.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Expected mediocre match from Murray. Started to get too clever at 5-0* in the 3rd where the other top players would have been ruthless and finished it off.

Should get better from here on in.

·
Registered
14,796 Posts

only saw the final set and Murray was terrible. Enough to do the job though but next match he needs that black shirt

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

Nothing special but new final is certain

·
Premium Member
20,707 Posts

poor Stan. if only he could control his emotions a bit better... Murray was floundering there in the end. could have been different if Stan hadn't let it get to a double break.

I'm not sure how much Stan's back problem affected him; to me it looks like he always moves a bit awkwardly.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Does anyone in the top 50 fistpump as much as Murray?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

Does anyone in the top 50 fistpump as much as Murray?
Ferrer?

Though I guess he swears at himself more than he fistpumps. :p

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

oh look a player gifted the match to murray... didnt see that coming, nope not at all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Murray to win his 3rd straight title here.
(Jinx hopefully...)

·
Registered
12,668 Posts

Two things:

1) I'd like Murray a lot more (and I think a lot more people would) if his body language and overall manner wasn't so pathetic and negative.

2) WTF happened to Stan's backhand? That amazing shot that made him do so well at the AO this year? :tears:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Murray and Wawrinka always seem to have close matches, and this was another one.

Murray didnt play his best but good enough to win which is what matters. He should have closed the set out at 5-1 but let Wawrinka back in for a bit before serving it out. Stiill, good win and he moves on, should make the final.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Will Murray win a slam next year?

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
And here I woke up, saw Murray had won a close 3 setters (I went to be when he was up a set) and thought you all would be proclaiming his demise. And then I saw the results of the Nadal match. :eek:

Anyway, solid win against an opponent that has troubled him in the past, hopefully he rests up and focuses against his next opponent.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts