Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Djokovic: 643 minutes (10 hours, 43 minutes)
Rogie: 471 minutes (7 hours, 51 minutes)
Mugray: 662 minutes (11 hours, 2 minutes)
Gasquet: 673 minutes (11 hours, 13 minutes)

Rogie has hardly spent any time on court compared to the other three guys who are all near each other. Rogie's definitely as fresh as a daisy for the SF against Mugray.

·
Registered
894 Posts
That and the fact no one pushed him up until now is why he will lose. He was as fresh in last year's final. We know what happened.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
you realize that cruising through the draw usually ends up on first non cruising match. not being tested at all is sword with two blades, and more often Fed has been on the wrong side of the blade

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Doesn't matter much I think. Only Djokovic and Gasquet might feel some mental fatigue from their matches. Maybe Gasquet some physical fatigue from today as well.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
you realize that cruising through the draw usually ends up on first non cruising match. not being tested at all is sword with two blades, and more often Fed has been on the wrong side of the blade
kudos to a non delusional Fed fan

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts
Being undercooked won't help at all against Andy. It'll be a good match I think but this is hardly an advantage for Roger. Andy's stamina won't be damaged by an extra 4 hours over 11 days...

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Although not having faced a sterner test, as according to MTF's resident experts may be an issue, being physically done and having to battle it out in early rounds certainly won't help the GOAT. IF he can get through Murray he'll have a nice rhythm on his groundies for Djoker whose serve is superior.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Federer has only played mugs so far that's why.

Faker and Grassray have had tough matches against Anderson and Ivo.
Faker made it tough for himself vs Anderson. Karlovic I admit was a tough opponent; would have slaughtered Faker in straights.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I wonder how can Fed get an easier draw next year? If he doesn't win this year, which he wont, he should just retire.
And if Faker doesn't win with Gasquet SF and injured Andy/old fed left in the draw, he should retire as well.

Reactions: BlackeyeVuk

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
That and the fact no one pushed him up until now is why he will lose. He was as fresh in last year's final. We know what happened.
Yeah, nothing like a nice five-setter against some lowly-ranked player that you should beat in straights to prep you for a tougher test in the SF/F. Worked particularly well for Cilic and Pospisil. :worship:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I wonder how can Fed get an easier draw next year? If he doesn't win this year, which he wont, he should just retire.
And who among the SFists got a tougher draw I gotta ask? Djokovic path to final is ridiculously easy with out-of-shape Cilic who had lost sets left and right before somehow making it to meeing Djokovic in QF and now Gasquet after a fivesetter :worship: His seeded QF opponent withdrew after 2 matches. :p

Murray had Karlovic as toughest test and tired Pospisil in QF. His seeded QF opponent withdrew after draw was made. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
749 Posts
And who among the SFists got a tougher draw I gotta ask? Djokovic path to final is ridiculously easy with out-of-shape Cilic who had lost sets left and right before somehow making it to meeing Djokovic in QF and now Gasquet after a fivesetter :worship: His seeded QF opponent withdrew after 2 matches. :p

Murray had Karlovic as toughest test and tired Pospisil in QF. His seeded QF opponent withdrew after draw was made. :D :rolleyes:
They've all had reasonably easy draws...bar possibly Karlovic who was insanely inspired.

·
Registered
298 Posts
impressive from roger :devil:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah, nothing like a nice five-setter against some lowly-ranked player that you should beat in straights to prep you for a tougher test in the SF/F. Worked particularly well for Cilic and Pospisil. :worship:
You're comparing Big 4 duels with Cilic and Pospisil playing anons? Damn, flawless logic.:smash:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts