Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Serbian State lottery (DLS) is under investigation after one of the winning numbers (21) showed on the live television screen before the ball popped out of the bubble.

The head of the lottery has already resigned while the host of the draw, Aleksandra Gudelj. and 10 others are being held for questioning.

The DLS said it was a technical flaw that caused the number to show on the screen prematurely and a coincidence that the ball eventually appeared.

Police have seized the lottery machine, balls and computer software as part of the their investigation, according to local media reports.

Nobody won the 1M Euro prize that draw.

--------------------------------

Would you play the lottery again after seeing something like that?

Think about it. Every number played is already in the computer system's database prior to the draw and known. How difficult is it to manipulate which numbered balls come up? They could theoretically cause nobody to win for a while, get the winning amount high, which always causes more people to play and earns lots of revenue. Every now and then, they let someone win to encourage people to keep playing and meanwhile the revenue keeps coming in, staying well ahead of payouts.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone translate what the woman in the video said? She looked rather nervous when it happened.

I suppose it's inevitable that this discussion will end up talking about rigged draws in tennis.
Good point. I never trusted the computer draws (filling in non-seeds).
I suppose that there may be a way to manipulate the hand draw for seeds but I don't know. How many tennis draws are shown live?

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've seen that already. I can tell you it's not a fix, just a bizarre coincidence.

What happened is, they've seen number 27 rolling, typed 21 by accident because 27 and 21 look similar. Then, the guy that types numbers typed 27 after 21, without erasing 21 so numbers are all there which lead anchor lady and everybody to confusion.

And the best part, there was a chance of drawing number 21 next only less than 3%, but that's exactly what happened, and there you go, everyone thinks it's a fix, but actually it was just a bad sequence of events.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Wrong section? Delete thread please.
Never mind I like masterclass, thought backhand of doom made this thread. Looks like you 2 have the same avatar.

·
Registered
11,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wrong section? Delete thread please.
Never mind I like masterclass, thought backhand of doom made this thread. Looks like you 2 have the same avatar.
I reported the thread myself right after I opened the thread. Meant to open it in NON-TENNIS, and asked mods/admins to move it there. I'm sure they'll get around to it. :)

Thanks for your concern MasterYoda, and please note the avatar change.

Respectfully,
MasterClass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts