Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do you think of seperate GS torunaments for men and women?

• Yes, im sick of watching womens tennis when good men are on

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • No, financially its not viable

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I dont really know

Votes: 3 5.4%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come pretty much every other tournament is seperate but they combine the mens and womens grand slams?

I know the mens game is more popular and all, but its bad enough women get equal prize money, half the time I wanna watch a mens match on a show court or second court I cant because a womens match is occuping the main court, and half the time it's not a high seed but a crappy hometown player.

I dunno, I just think it would be a lot better to be able to just watch the mens matches on tv. We would get to see more.

But I think the womens game would suffer for it.

Discuss?

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I actually don't know if it's financially viable or not, but I want it to happen enough for me not to care. The womens game would suffer though as people wouldn't watch their matches just for the sake of doing so. They would actually have to be interested in Womens Tennis.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Well from a spectator's point of view there won't be enough matches to fill 2 weeks. And you can't possibly expect the players to play 7 matches in a week..

·
Banned
244 Posts
Grow a pair and get over it you whiny little byotch.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
yes

i have actually thought about this too. i support as much separation of men's tennis from the WTA as possible. a good idea would be to have the women's GS two weeks before the men's GS.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Well from a spectator's point of view there won't be enough matches to fill 2 weeks. And you can't possibly expect the players to play 7 matches in a week..
says who?

im probably in the 10% at least of tennis expectators in my country and i don't care at all about the WTA. in point of fact, i'd probly watch more tennis if there was no WTA given that ESPN many times decides to broadcast some chicks' match instead of a men's match that i'd watch

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
For the Topic Question... Emphatic No. Womens game for now need Mens game to carry it along.

says who?

im probably in the 10% at least of tennis expectators in my country and i don't care at all about the WTA. in point of fact, i'd probly watch more tennis if there was no WTA given that ESPN many times decides to broadcast some chicks' match instead of a men's match that i'd watch
You are not that important.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Separate is the correct spelling, but no, they shouldn't be. While a lot of WTA tennis now is ridiculous, but we get a lot more former champions colliding in early rounds while we wait for the same guys to get to the semis in the mens before anything interesting happens. I think tomorrow we get Clijsters vs Li Na, and that should be a lot more fun than watching Djokovic beat up an injured Mahut.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I agree. WTA is useless. Should be a separate event so we could have more men matches on center courts. I hate when you are waiting for a women match to finish...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
No, no sausage fest slams thankyou.

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
right now ----NO
after Kim and Ana retired----YES, better cancel women's tennis forever :lol:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Only problem would be Mixed doubles... not that anyone cares about that, though...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
It's a terrible idea and will never happen. As much as some on here hate to admit it, the women bring a lot of interest to the slams and help make tennis such a successful sport.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
What would it be like if the world cup was played at the same time as the women's world cup and we had to watch men's matches get cut for womens matches? But we don't have that problem, only in tennis is that done.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts