Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day is here guys and girls. Suns out Guns out.
The most exciting day for tennis fans in our lifetime, semi finals of a slam. It rarely disappoints like sometimes finals do. I was there the year Rafa v Dom and Murray v Stan. Its a special day as usually its 4 of the best. On todays menu.

Two of the best players ever meet again with the winner likely to add to slam count. There clay matches are usually absolute war.

Two of the best NextGen players we have seen and two very different characters face to fight for the chance to stop history on Sunday.

I hope everyone enjoys two great matches and hopefully the fan bases don't show their ugly sides in live comms. I would be surprised if either match is straight sets

Where and how do you plan on watching?

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@NextGenKing: Who are you shouting for in the first semi? And who do you pick to win it?
Nadal and Nadal

But it doesnt bother me too much either way. Im not a fan of either but I have huge respect for both their games. When it comes down to it, i kinda find Nadal hilarious, facial expressions and things like banging head in wimbledon tunnel, cramp at US presser, not marrying wife for so long, relationship woth sister/uncle even Kyrgios. I find him absolutley fascinating and hilarious

Whereas

I find Djokovic very passive aggressive, aggressive and needy. I think deep down he is a nice caring man with good intentions for the world but I dont like his intensity and behaviour on court. He is actually a very kind guy, just like Rafa in my opinion.

Assume you want Djok?

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be a good day of Sport. Tsitsi/Zverev, Djokovic/Rafa and then Italy/Turkey in the opening game of the Euros.

The sun's shining where I live. It's only 1pm but I'm already cracking open the lager

Your visions will happen
Going to be live on my Youtube for both matches you guys check it out if you wish!

Gonna be a great day we have the NextGen SF and then we have the GOATs SF Nadal vs Djokovic AKA El Clasico for tennis!

Premium Member
Nadal and Nadal

Assume you want Djok?
He asked you for the 1st match, which is Tsitsipas-Zverev.
I guess you would be more happy for Alex's win.

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@NextGenKing: Who are you shouting for in the first semi? And who do you pick to win it?
He asked you for the 1st match, which is Tsitsipas-Zverev.
I guess you would be more happy for Alex's win.
Oh i misread.

Zverev want
Tsitsipas expect

Would be happy for both and both deserve equally.

Want Alex to overcome US final defeat but unlikely here.

Premium Member
Oh i misread.

Zverev want
Tsitsipas expect

Would be happy for both and both deserve equally.

Want Alex to overcome US final defeat but unlikely here.
Yeah, so I guessed right. You want Zverev, but Tsitsi feels like a more probable winner at this point.
I have taken half a day off, so waiting for the 1st match to begin.
Wanting Tsitsipas to reach his 1st slam final.

God loves a trier
Nadal and Nadal

But it doesnt bother me too much either way. Im not a fan of either but I have huge respect for both their games. When it comes down to it, i kinda find Nadal hilarious, facial expressions and things like banging head in wimbledon tunnel, cramp at US presser, not marrying wife for so long, relationship woth sister/uncle even Kyrgios. I find him absolutley fascinating and hilarious

Whereas

I find Djokovic very passive aggressive, aggressive and needy. I think deep down he is a nice caring man with good intentions for the world but I dont like his intensity and behaviour on court. He is actually a very kind guy, just like Rafa in my opinion.

Assume you want Djok?
Asked for first semi, but that's good stuff, cheers.

As for personal lives, I think Nadal and Djokovic are both kind, stellar people, no question. Any dislike on my part is purely tennis-/passion-/bias-related.

Regarding the outcome of the second semi, I hope that Djokovic wins in 5 epic sets, lets out a guttural roar, rips his shirt, screams "See you Jimmy!" and headbutts the umpire. I've run that scenario through a supercomputer and it's giving me a probability of 99.999999999998% of it happening exactly like that. So I'll be watching eagerly.

Registered
I have the good fortune not to have to work, can enjoy the matches without interruption from a loved one. Turning my cell phone off, and there is no liquor in the house which in this situation is a good thing.
I value my opportunity to participate in this Forum, so rather then risk temptation I am going to TRY and not read posting from some of the 鈥渉aters鈥 or those who try to bait me into a posting that I might later regret.

Everyone seems to have a favorite, I hope everyone is civil towards each other. I know I am naive in that regard but I am hoping for the best. Happy to be here鈥..

Your visions will happen

Registered
I really hope Tsits-Zverev is good, it's time for new players to give us a good slam match. We have crowds, both are in good form, clay is great, so let's go. Not another 3 set beatdown like in Australia, tennis needs a proper 4-setter at least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts